Does Phantom 4 have "Dynamic Home Return"?

Reaction score
OK, everybody,
thanks for accepting me as a brand new member with my very first drone - so I'm a rookie...

I intend to use my Phantom 4 for taking images from my sailing boat...
Of course, my "Home Point" would never be the same, once I release it from one spot at a time, but the boat goes on and on, creating new moving spots...

In this case, I would LOVE to have the "DYNAMIC RETURN TO HOME", which applying would make it look for the Remote Controller... sailing in the boat, of course.

So, my question is: how can I work properly in a way that the drone look for the RC instead of the departing point? Is it possible ?

I know Mavic has such gadget and it seems to me the P1 or P2 had it before, but P3 hasn't and I don't know about P4... maybe it hasn't also, regreatibly...

If so, does anybody know why DJI took off these greta features (for me, at least)??

Tks,

Hill

The P3, P4, and Mavic do not have a dynamic home point feature. You can manually reset the home point at anytime though. And, if your mobile device has its own GPS receiver, you can also reset the home point to your current location.

Litchi has a dynamic home point feature. If you're not against using a 3rd party app, then that might be a good option for you.

Reactions: Hill Zamm
Thank you, msinger.

You answered my question very properly, great!
And gave me another option, which I still don't know...
I understand that it's another APP LICHI for controlling the drone, with a Dynemic Home Poitn; is it so?
Then, why would I use it as a 3rd party? Or wouldn't? It seems quite fine for my poprposes, don't you?

Let me explore a bit more...
Looking for it in Apple Store, foud it below...
Could you tell me what's the better for what I need?
Flying in RV mode is fine, for me.

Thanks for your help!
lichi.jpg

oooooops: I got it!
The 2nd one is for OSMO BESIDES Phantom...
But... there's a problem: most reviews don't reccomend LICHI, saynig it has lots os failures on transmitting video...
I'm not quite sure it would be the answer to may prayers...

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Not sure what those reviews say, but that certainly isn't my experience. Litchi works great, and I fly with it all the time. I rarely ever fire up the GO apps from DJI.

Reactions: Hill Zamm
Not sure what those reviews say, but that certainly isn't my experience. Litchi works great, and I fly with it all the time. I rarely ever fire up the GO apps from DJI.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I really hope to try LITCHI. Once 'till now you're the only one who has said good things about it, I expect to look for a bit more opinions on such subject.
Anyway, I'm considering your words, because being a rookie, I have to listen to everyone: thanks a lot!

Yeah, You're right!!
I looked for comparison between DJI GO X LITCHI app and no doubt: I'l go with LITCHI.

YES! I had so many problems with GO that once I tried Litchi, I have never gone back. I do keep it of course for calibration and such but I love Litchi.
Good flying
Jim
WA5TEF

And... Litchi allows autonomous flight which GO does not as well as offline waypoints.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen