Do you think checking in a Phantom and Inspire 1 would be safe?

Reaction score
Do you guys think checking in an Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 Pro in a plain brown shipping box would be safe on a trip from Hawaii to Australia? My folks are getting me one of each as a gift, will customs charge us VAT in Australia? It'll be Xmas for heaven's sakes.

Is there any way to have the seller ship directly to you? If not can you get insurance for an international package? I would sure want it shipping $4000+ USD worth of items overseas.

You mean airlines insurance? Plaster Fragile all over the boxes, etc? I want to be able to take them both with me on the plane.

Do you guys think checking in an Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 Pro in a plain brown shipping box would be safe on a trip from Hawaii to Australia? My folks are getting me one of each as a gift, will customs charge us VAT in Australia? It'll be Xmas for heaven's sakes.
Be prepared to pay up the GST to Customs.
They don't care what time of year it is so don't expect any gift from them.
Note .. they also would want to see some paperwork.
Clearing goods through the border
They have their own way of calculating too .. it's not just 10%
Here's an example: FAQs

What if I bring them back packed in cases as if I had been using them on the job and carry on the phantom in a backpack?

I'm paying for a share of them, it's just going to be in thier name.

How about the returning from a job route?

What if the dealer wrote the invoice as demo units for $999 each? Ideas folks, please?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl