Do I update firmware

Reaction score
Can anyone help,only been flying a couple of weeks I'm in Cumbria and got my DJi phantom 3 standard from Argos as a present ,long story short every flight compass stuck error ,so took it back and changed it only to find that one was doing it and lost connection with iPad and nearly crashed so got it replaced with new one today,only thing is new one when connecting to DJi app doesn't ask for update,so do I really need to or does the app think it's the same drone,if can help thanks

only thing is new one when connecting to DJi app doesn't ask for update
If your mobile device is connected to the Internet, you should see an update available message in DJI GO if an update is available.

You can find your current firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. Compare that version to the version in the firmware release notes on the Phantom downloads page. The current P3S firmware version is 1.8.10.

If your mobile device is connected to the Internet, you should see an update available message in DJI GO if an update is available.

You can find your current firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. Compare that version to the version in the firmware release notes on the Phantom downloads page. The current P3S firmware version is 1.8.10.

Many thanks it's connected but doesn't ask for update so should be safe to fly out of the box

This is what's on the app,haven't connected new phantom yet

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    292.4 KB · Views: 262
You'll need to connect your Phantom to DJI GO in order to see the firmware version.

Firmware updates are optional, so you could fly on whatever version is installed right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palletliquidation