DJI Problems

Russia, China, USA and other nations have satellites that can read license plates from miles up. Why China would want info from either a government or an individuals consumer drone is pretty thin if you ask me. I realize all intelligence is usable, but with all the alternative and more advanced tech out there, a drone would would have very little to add to their intelligence gather suite.

I would be interested in any material you have regarding the debunking and that they DJI drones don't gather and transmit back to China. Should make some interesting reading. Thanks.
Here's one that comes to mind: DJI Touts Report Saying It Doesn't Spy for China

What would make even more interesting reading would be details of what China could possibly find in your flight data that would be of any interest or importance.

Using Google maps satellite view, looking at Palos Verdes peninsula, south of Los Angeles, you can zoom into Albalone cove. ...
Now just imagine, to augment Google's currently available data, clicking a CCP flag View attachment 118551 , next to the yellow man, and up pops thousands of red dots overlaying the same area, providing thousands of AERIAL drone images of the same area. That particular data might not be super valuable, because of location, but drones can go where you cannot walk or access in many areas of our country. These images can be in places nobody can access. And yes, some people fly where they shouldn't, because they can, not to mention government workers flying DJI drones in secure areas (this has been stopped) with FAA waivers, unlocking the DFZ restrictions.

With all of the newer DJI drones capturing video to the iPad in 1080 resolution, random screen captures would be pretty nice quality, way better than satellite captures. CCP could acquire billions of these screen captures, collected over time. If China did this, the CCP would have instant access to views of our country from their computers that our own government would not have. This I believe is doable. Is it being done today? I don't want to think so, and I "hope not".
Really ??
This highlights how ridiculous the idea is.
China wants/needs detailed imagery of a US location for espionage purposes so they trawl through millions of drone shots (that they don't have) of sunsets, parks, autumn leaves etc, hoping that they will find some showing exactly what they want.
Sure ... that's so much more believable than they would have one of their people drive to Palos Verdes and walk around to see for themselves, take all the pictures they want, use a drone or fly over it in a Cessna.
The idea of DJI hobby drone espionage would be rejected as a plot for a Donald Duck comic book.

Do you trust ALL your information to a foreign government that may or may not have your best interests at heart? I cut my teeth on Arpanet and eat machine language for breakfast. You give me any kind of connection to your device and I can find everything.

Reactions: NRJ
DJI has more problems than just layoffs and income reduction, etc, Congress has its sites on the fact DJI is a CCP owned company and has transmitting data back to China with the drones! They will firstly want to take all drones form Police Depts, etc. then due to the fact the CCP is an evil empire and at odds right now with the world I can see them coming after all the drones, Its common knowledge DJI has ability to gather data and transmit back to China, They indicated they stopped doing this and had 3rd party examining the drones, especially for Law Enforcement, but the further purchase of drones for the US Govt was halted, Now with the world problem the CCP has caused I now wonder what the firmware updates could actually be. !!!!
And the sky is falling...

Im having trouble working out how any of my flight images and or data is getting from my P4 to the RC and into my DJI goggles and then back to China when a lot of my flights are not in cell phone areas and do not use a phone to fly with anyway.

In todays news there was a couple that went camping days ago and are now missing in remote bushland. He is known to have a DJI mavic with him and used it on previous trips. If the chinese are listening can they help with their location? Is it possible get some information from his drone flights? ...to be used for good not evil.

Hmmm.. Apple and Google have a lot more data about you than DJI do. Not to mention Uber, FitBit, your credit card companies, mobile network providers etc.

Reactions: Lookindown
Hmmm.. Apple and Google have a lot more data about you than DJI do. Not to mention Uber, FitBit, your credit card companies, mobile network providers etc.
Very true ...forgot about just about everything we do has a link connection to the net now. Puts DJI way down the list of spy mechanisms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart