Dji phantom advanced and problem Mac

Reaction score
Hello I don't connect Dji phantom 3 adv and my Mac with Dji cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you trying to download the flight logs? If so, I've had problems with my MacBook Pro - just won't download. Works OK with a Windows based laptop. There is something wonky about the output from the internal SD card. For one thing, it;s impressively slow.

If you have parallels or Fusion, you might try that route.

If you are not trying to download the flight logs, it's not clear what you are trying to accomplish.

FWIW I was able to retrieve using VMware Fusion and Windows 10 on my hackintosh. I would assume that even the free virtual machines would work too...I.e. Virtualbox. or even bootcamp. But I wouldn't use bootcamp if you only wanted windows just to get the logs. Use Virtualbox, it's free...

Uhhhh......

Connect table to remote. Turn on the bird. Turn on the tablet/remote (connect) and go into camera mode in DJI app and somewhere in the advanced settings for the bird you can "enable flight log mode". This pretty much opens the gates to the SD card.

Plug the drone into your macbook and it'll show up clear as day :)

Uhhhh......

Connect table to remote. Turn on the bird. Turn on the tablet/remote (connect) and go into camera mode in DJI app and somewhere in the advanced settings for the bird you can "enable flight log mode". This pretty much opens the gates to the SD card.

Plug the drone into your macbook and it'll show up clear as day :)

I don't know if there is a special sequence but it wasn't connecting to mine. Even under disk utility. After a few tries I just booted up the windows VM and had my logs.

I don't know if there is a special sequence but it wasn't connecting to mine. Even under disk utility. After a few tries I just booted up the windows VM and had my logs.

Nothing special at all. Just simply turning the unit on like as if you are to fly and you just go into the DJI GO app and unlock the bird to surf its memory.
Do note that the download speed is SUUUUUUUUPER slow. I mean.. 56k dialup was quicker than the data from the bird into your laptop!

Why not just download directly from the memory chip to your computer with the sd card reader?

I am assuming you are trying to copy is the .DAT files or DJI Flylogs which reside on the hidden SD card inside the Phantom. (Note this is a different SD card than the one found on the camera). It is a second SD card and not easily accessible to the user.
With the computer connected to the Phantom with a USB cable and the DJI GO app in Flight Data Mode, many Mac users still have a hard time getting the Phantom (now seen as an ordinary SD memory card) to mount to the Mac desktop.
(This is not a problem using a PC, the Phantom SD card can be easily accessed).
To solve this on a Mac what I did was:
While in Flight Data Mode with everything powered and connected, I opened the Disk Utility application on the Mac.
There the Phantom showed as an unmounted disk, but was grayed out and I could not mount it.
What I was able to do though was create a Disk Image of the entire Phantom SD card and save it to my Desktop. After completing this I could open the Disk Image and save the .DAT files to a folder. However, it does take a long time for the Mac to create the sizable disk image of the entire SD card. (The Phantom battery will get run down in the process. I would start with the battery at least 50% charged).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl