DJI phantom 4 pro gimbal

Reaction score
Hey guys, first timer here. I recently acquired a DJI Phantom 4 Pro that someone at my work wrecked and they were just gonna trash or hold onto for parts. Since people at my work are clueless they gave it to me for free and I really don’t have the money to be sending it in for repair. The yaw motor broke at the plastic part and the whole shell was damaged. I respelled and fixed the gimbal. I replace the ribbon with the one for the pro 4 however it seemed to have an extra tab on it where it meets the body where as mine didn’t have it. I also can’t find the metal arm that attaches to the yaw motor and holds the ribbon cable out of the way while it rotates. That was bent pretty bad so I bent that back. Everything works but the camera shakes and moves on its own. Seeing the price of a whole new gimbal for a pro was like most of the price of a new drone it started me thinking so I figured I’d ask the experts. The phantom 4 gimbal seems pretty close. I know the cameras are different. Is it feasible to buy the regular 4 gimbal and replace the camera on it with that of the 4 pro and mount that to my pro? Anyone know if that’s a possibility? That’s much cheaper and would leave me with some parts . Thanks in advance. -Matt

I know some folks sell non-official spare parts (I.e. they collect spare parts from others to resell) but to my understanding you are probably SOL.

The gimbal yaw arm motor is not sold as a spare part and I’ve been told by the folks at Cloud City Drones in Rhode Island that it is a pretty common bit to break in the yaw arm - and your description sounds like that. The way they described it, it is very unlikely for the yaw arm to take moderate to serious damage (e.g. be bent) and not require replacing that motor. But the only way to replace that motor is to replace the whole arm+camera assembly which, as you saw, is almost as $$ as a new bird.

As for replacing the gimbal with a 4 gimbal, I don’t know, sorry. Hopefully someone else has an idea tho.

How did you bend it?

Mine is a bit bent..

Mine bent after my drone was hanging out in some small, nigh invisible branches, just chillaxing taking in the sights, and then the darned ground ran right into it. So rude. [emoji5]

How did you bend it?

Mine is a bit bent..

How did I bend it back ya mean? Mines not the gimbal arm but a little metal bracket arm that screws into the yaw motor. It holds the ribbon cable out of the way as the motor turns. Someone at my work ran it into wires. They used it to inspect bridges and power lines. Came crashing down. No one tried to dive for it. The plastic half of the motor snapped. I got it back together and it works but the motor kinds has a mind of its own at times. It actually seems better with a firmware update. But the piece I’m speaking of was bent in the crash. I bent it back with some needle nose pliers and a vise

Reactions: Dronefriend

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94