DJI Phantom 3 Revealed!

Which Phantom 3 version is the best value?

• Total voters
Wohoo my P3 is the 5:th in the row :)

Beni your P3 is the 4:th. it had a minor flyaway from the factory but they found it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 493
Reactions: Beni and Jacob
Gimbal protector plate.
Just this and killer RC was like 1000:-..
http://electronicarc.com/images/Protector_Gimbal_d.JPG

oh.. ok, thats make it totally worth :p ;)

It's great now that more choices are coming on-line.

Who expects one model to be for everyone?

totally agree, more choices are great!.. and no, no one should expect that one model is to be perfect to everyone.. theres in fact, no model that is perfect for anyone.. but that again is just all another problem ;) haha..

Yeah DJI owns the market big time. With P3 it's like a comparing a...yeah..it's not even worth comparing, all other manufacturers are way down on the list.

Indeed Dji will be the kings of drones for a long time.. they are the most established company out there.. and are the principal sponsor of the drone segment at NAB, so they are ahead in any way possible.. and most probably will still be for a long time 3-5 years).

but 3dr is going strong.. and hubsan has it shares on the online market, selling like popsicles on alibaba/bangood/ebay, so its a matter of more time, until they emerge to the first place. ;)

I read a stat that DJI sold over 500,000 Phantoms in 2014 vs. 3DR 50,000.

I think 3DR is going to make up some ground with the Solo, but its no question who is #1.

no doubt about those stats.. thats 2014!.. and even if 3dr have been there for some years already they had focus more on the diy, dji has been there 3 years before, and have focused maybe more and earlier on rtf models.

in fact 2015 won't be the year of changes.. nor 2016.. but 2018-2021 could be a lot different.. will see! ;)
Wohoo my P3 is the 5:th in the row :)

Beni your P3 is the 4:th. it had a minor flyaway from the factory but they found it!

haha.. yours maybe (its in 5th), but mine isn't ;) Im not going to get it.. at this time. (if not I wake up some day, and just get it!) :p but I really dont believe so.

(the flyaway comment was fun though) ;)

ohh.. some strange specs differences between Phantom 1, 2, FC40 with Phantom 3 A and P:

is that the P3 ascend time is worse than all the others! (5 meters in 3 seconds.. while the other models do 6 meters in 2 seconds) ;)

also... operating temperature (in celsius): 0 to 40 <-- P3 vs P1, P2, FC40 ---> -10 to 50, so for me in norway a P3 would be unusable in many situations.. when its cold outside! :S and neither it will be usable in south spain where I have an apartment and where temps are around 40 in summer. (so if you're going to do some cold days (below 0 celsius), or hot sunny days in spain, greece, dubai, africa, south-america, you may be out of luck with the P3!! 8-(

Battery time specs says: 25 min. for P2 (even the visions) vs 23 min. for P3

max speed: yeah.. P3 wins.. 16 m/s (meters per second) vs 15 m/s on P2 and 10 m/s on P1. (but 1 more meter in a second.. aint that much of a difference).. in fact, I really like slower, cause in aerial imagery, you want smoother movement.

If I was going for some fast things (for fun), I would get a MB Epic Mini 280 or a Minion Mini with fpv glasses! ;)

some strange specs differences .. the P3 ascend time is worse than all the others! (5 meters in 3 seconds.. while the other models do 6 meters in 2 seconds)
That's most likely an error. There have been afew corrections made to the specs recently because of errors in what they originally put in. Testers have commented on the performance as better than the P2 and would have mentioned it if it climbed slower.

Also take some of the recommended operating ranges with a grain of salt.
DJI are quite conservative in what they recommend.
Plenty of members have used their P2s outside recommended conditions.

ohh.. some strange specs differences between Phantom 1, 2, FC40 with Phantom 3 A and P:

is that the P3 ascend time is worse than all the others! (5 meters in 3 seconds.. while the other models do 6 meters in 2 seconds) ;)

also... operating temperature (in celsius): 0 to 40 <-- P3 vs P1, P2, FC40 ---> -10 to 50, so for me in norway a P3 would be unusable in many situations.. when its cold outside! :S and neither it will be usable in south spain where I have an apartment and where temps are around 40 in summer. (so if you're going to do some cold days (below 0 celsius), or hot sunny days in spain, greece, dubai, africa, south-america, you may be out of luck with the P3!! 8-(

Battery time specs says: 25 min. for P2 (even the visions) vs 23 min. for P3

max speed: yeah.. P3 wins.. 16 m/s (meters per second) vs 15 m/s on P2 and 10 m/s on P1. (but 1 more meter in a second.. aint that much of a difference).. in fact, I really like slower, cause in aerial imagery, you want smoother movement.

If I was going for some fast things (for fun), I would get a MB Epic Mini 280 or a Minion Mini with fpv glasses! ;)

Unusable? They say -10*c on P2 and was out with my P2 in -25*c. Those are recommendations and does not mean your electronics stop working. The colder environment the faster battery drain.

P3 has been tested to 20mins by reviewers. That is better than the 16-18mins we get of P2.

no proof/data of flight time in any of that, just some guy typing words......if its go great, where are all the test videos?

If you listened to the Live announcement the DJI guy said: "up to 20 minutes."

This is marketing CYA. You can't guarantee any specific amount of time due to ambient conditions like altitude, wind, etc.

People hear what they want to.

no proof/data of flight time in any of that, just some guy typing words......if its go great, where are all the test videos?

Because people dont care if it flies 19,5mins or 20.

It flies as long as it flies. Probably better than that old P2 anyways.

Isn't nearly all of the info on these things other than what was in the release just guys typing words???

Isn't nearly all of the info on these things other than what was in the release just guys typing words???

Mostly. There are DJI reps and other insiders on other forums. But then, without links, you have to deal with the effects of hand-me-down information.

Eh, maybe you're right. Inspire pilots all recommend the Nvidia Shield tablet, I've not really heard of anyone using a GTab. Guess you'll have to give it a shot and report back. gl
I don't have a tablet yet for my P3 and I was thinking I'd get a GTab 8.4 since I can get it relatively cheaply (under $300) locally. What other devices would you recommend as alternatives for a P3? Thx

Here's an unboxing and comparison video. Doesn't look much taller than the P2 so it might fit in P2 cases ok but of course the controller won't

I don't think the phantom is any taller. The P3, like the inspire has tilted/angled motors, the props will sit on an angle when attached and will make the overall height taller.

For those with the larger cases where you can store with props attached, you may need to modify indentations for the props or remove them when stored.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor