Dji phantom 3 and fpv

Litchi may be a good solution for VR goggles without using HDMI module but I would like to run DJI Go App on controller and Goggles on HDMI module. This kind of solution gives you best of the both worlds. You get all settings and alarms and radar available on one side and great flying experience on the other side.

I use HDMI module with Accupix Mybud $199 as my goggles.

Reactions: Quest-So
Litchi may be a good solution for VR goggles without using HDMI module but I would like to run DJI Go App on controller and Goggles on HDMI module. I use HDMI module with Accupix Mybud $199 as my goggles.

Hi Alok
So you have an HDMI mod on the rc as well? If I remember, you have the Nvidia Shield right? Have you tried running HDMI straight from the shield to the Mybud? or is this possible. I'm toying about getting the K1 just for the HDMI instead of the RC mod but any info would be great. Thanks :)

Hi Alok
So you have an HDMI mod on the rc as well? If I remember, you have the Nvidia Shield right? Have you tried running HDMI straight from the shield to the Mybud? or is this possible. I'm toying about getting the K1 just for the HDMI instead of the RC mod but any info would be great. Thanks :)
No I don't have nvidia shield.

Mybud can take HDMI upto 1080p. ( though RC module gets only 720p) Check if your nvidia HDMI output can be directly connected to your tv and it works then you should not have issue with its connection on Mybud. You need proper HDMI cable. Mybud has HDMI mini port, HDMI module has HDMI mini port, I'm not sure of nvidia shield.

My connection is as follows:

HDMI module >>>>>>> Mybud battery module >>>>>>>> Mybud

What I do is:

Mount Mybud battery module on RC holder. Mount iPhone 6 on battery module. Connect battery module to Mybud with shipped cable.

Reactions: Reed L
The mybud resolution is only 852 x 480 which for the price isn't too bad but no where near 720. The headplays for 299 is probably the best deal and they have a much better resolution 1280 x 800 .

Last edited:
The mybud resolution is only 852 x 480 which for the price isn't too bad but no where near 720. The headplays for 299 is probably the best deal and they have a much better resolution 1280 x 800 .
Not sure how does it work but Mybud has two screens of 852x480 resolutions each and thus gives a great smooth picture. One can switch to 2D, 3D or 2D to 3D.

I carry it in my backpack along with P3.

Head plays look too bulky to me. I feel some one would rob me if I use it on beach :)

It's individuals choice.

I took apart my gear vr Goggles and removed the usb connector, it was only a dozen screws and the cable is really easy to unclip off the board. It's a 10 minute job and would only take that long again to reverse it, better than some of the mods I've seen melting holes and stuff. The only problem is that I had to add some packing to the outer plastic piece that's clips on to make sure my note 4 is held securely. I tried it in my yard with a longer usb cable and lithci, it's pretty amazing stuff considering its gear I had at home already!

Attachments

• 1451896215841.jpg
    1451896215841.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 331
  • 1451896264298.jpg
    1451896264298.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 404
  • 1451896471362.jpg
    1451896471362.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 354
Not sure how does it work but Mybud has two screens of 852x480 resolutions each and thus gives a great smooth picture. One can switch to 2D, 3D or 2D to 3D.

I carry it in my backpack along with P3.

Head plays look too bulky to me. I feel some one would rob me if I use it on beach :)

It's individuals choice.

I'm going to take a crack at MyBuds - just ordered last night and it's coming in by tonight (I love Amazon Prime! Haha)

Too bad the weather is going to suck so I don't know when I get to use it.

I'm curious to see what/how much telemetry info from DJI Go is shown through HDMI.

Oh, Amazon sells it at higher price, not at 199 but quick delivery.

You get enough telemetry information. I miss Radar but no problem got used to diamond navigation.

I took apart my gear vr Goggles and removed the usb connector, it was only a dozen screws and the cable is really easy to unclip off the board. It's a 10 minute job and would only take that long again to reverse it, better than some of the mods I've seen melting holes and stuff. The only problem is that I had to add some packing to the outer plastic piece that's clips on to make sure my note 4 is held securely. I tried it in my yard with a longer usb cable and lithci, it's pretty amazing stuff considering its gear I had at home already!

That dosent look to hard at all . Could you upload a pic of how you got the usb cable to fit inside the goggles. im prolly gonna order a set of the vr gear and do the same thing.

Oh, Amazon sells it at higher price, not at 199 but quick delivery.

You get enough telemetry information. I miss Radar but no problem got used to diamond navigation.

Yea - but figured I could return it if I had to - that's the premium I guess

Japruck81, after taking these bits out there is room to plug the usb cable in through the side. I've put in the pics below, bit I'm using my phone to take the pics so I can't put it in for the photos, but you can see there's heaps of room now to run the cable.

Attachments

• 1451946363805.jpg
    1451946363805.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 442
  • 1451946380902.jpg
    1451946380902.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 1451946451919.jpg
    1451946451919.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 380
I'm going to take a crack at MyBuds - just ordered last night and it's coming in by tonight (I love Amazon Prime! Haha)

Too bad the weather is going to suck so I don't know when I get to use it.

I'm curious to see what/how much telemetry info from DJI Go is shown through HDMI.
Leon,

How did they work for you? I'm probably going to order soon so I'm curious as to your experience.

No I don't have nvidia shield.

Mybud can take HDMI upto 1080p. ( though RC module gets only 720p) Check if your nvidia HDMI output can be directly connected to your tv and it works then you should not have issue with its connection on Mybud. You need proper HDMI cable. Mybud has HDMI mini port, HDMI module has HDMI mini port, I'm not sure of nvidia shield.

My connection is as follows:

HDMI module >>>>>>> Mybud battery module >>>>>>>> Mybud

What I do is:

Mount Mybud battery module on RC holder. Mount iPhone 6 on battery module. Connect battery module to Mybud with shipped cable.

Alokbhargava - you use the supplied cable for the micro USB to power the battery module and able to mount the battery module to the RC cradle? It's a smidgen too far for me. You know what type of plug is on the battery end of that cable?

And as for HDMI - have you ever seen a short mini HDMI to mini HDMI? I bought a mini to HDMI but realized the MyBud end is a mini too. I guess I'll have to pick up an adapter?

Alokbhargava - you use the supplied cable for the micro USB to power the battery module and able to mount the battery module to the RC cradle? It's a smidgen too far for me. You know what type of plug is on the battery end of that cable?

And as for HDMI - have you ever seen a short mini HDMI to mini HDMI? I bought a mini to HDMI but realized the MyBud end is a mini too. I guess I'll have to pick up an adapter?
I mounted iPhone 6 on the battery module and then the whole assembly on the RC holder. Cable from battery module to Mybud is a special cable, we need to use it. The cable from RC to battery module needed is HDMI mini to HDMI mini. You can use the supplied cable along with the supplied adaptor. But I hate to use it as cable load on the adaptor might break the adaptor in few uses. I bought a short cable from mycablemart.com and deep surplus.com. They have short mini to mini HDMI cables.

If you have bigger monitoring device, then you choose cable lengths so that whole assembly can be put into your pocket or attached to your belt.

Last edited:
Leon,

How did they work for you? I'm probably going to order soon so I'm curious as to your experience.

I haven't had the chance to use them yet - nothing but rain in the forecast for a few days.

It didn't come with a piece (11pin to 5pin adapter - not sure if it can actually have video throughout through it or it's just for charging the battery pack) - but I got it to work.

Two things right off the bat that might bug me:
1) lots of open space around the eyes for ambient light - but I'll know more when I use it in flight. Maybe my focus towards the center will negate that.

2) screen - reminds me of a cheap portable DVD player with a washed out screen. There is only a brightness adjustment.

I'll chime in when I get to fly with it.

Wonder if anything better is being shown at CES for this year?

I got to take it out for about a 15min flight. Couple notes for me:

Resolution is low - kind of takes from the experience.

Video seems to only go to only one device - so if it goes to the glasses, it won't show a live feed in the app (i.e. iPhone) and it won't record/cache on the iPhone either.

I feel like I might prefer sticking my phone in a box and slapping it on my face...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka