Dji phantom 3 and fpv

Reaction score
Hello and happy new year.can I use fpv goggles ?should I buy HDMI module ?and what glasses?epson moverio?cinemizer?fatshark?i hand dji phantom 3 adv and iPad mini 2 ,and iPhone 6.how to make the connections to get the picture glasses? What do I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DonGoodman23
All you need is an hdmi module and a pair of cinemizers . Cinemizers are the best on the market right now but they are also the most expensive. If you are wanting to spend a little less the headplays are the next best choice but they are bigger and bulky. It just depends on your budget and personal preference.

I use the HeadPlay HD fpv goggles with the P3P. IMHO, they are amazing. Yes a bit bigger but very comfy and not that bulky. Hey...2016 is the year everyone will be waring virtual reality goggles anyway so join the club.
The HP goggles have a 72inch field of vision. Great for lining up your shots. I know they work well with the P3P but I've heard there may be issues with the P3A. You can check out lots of videos on YouTube.

you can pick a pair of zeiss cinemizers for under $200 bucks now plus the HDMI adapter $99 so you got FPV for around$300. not to bad if you ask me

i guess i read those wrong i thought the head trackers were the ones that had OLED display. my mistake

and i guess they aren't making them anymore all i can find is the head tracker glasses

The head tracker is just an add-on module to the expensive glasses.

I bought some cheap ($18,00) vr goggles from Amazon and used Litchi app's VR mode. I'm using galaxy note 4. It worked pretty well specially for the money! I have the HDMI module but haven't installed it yet. I'll be getting headplay once my hobby funds accumulate again. Litchi app VR mode uses phone hardware to give you head tracking so no extra module needed for that. I disable that feature ava just used the wheel on controller.

I have the gear vr but the usb is in the way so unless you want to mod and possibly ruin those goggles it's cheaper and easier to not mess with. You need a longer usb cable than the one that came with p3.

You can see how the goggles use suction cups to hold phone in place which isn't very secure. I had to cut a small section of plastic near side vents for better access to usb port on phone. These are super cheap goggles so don't expect comfort. I bought them to test the litchi app. You could also use Google cardboard if you wanted to test the app.

Attachments

• 1451880166177.jpg
    1451880166177.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 561
Ok so i just hook my note 5 up with litchi in vr mode. I was able to see super clear with the free star wars samsung goggles that verizon was giving out last month. So if i buy the samsung vr goggles i will have a fpv setup for $100!!!!!!! You are a genius oh and me too

Attachments

• 1451880622788.jpg
    1451880622788.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 545
Usb connection on gear vr is in the way. Some guy modded his but I don't know how he did it. I bought innovator addition when they first came out $200. Don't want to risk ruining them

Will do im trying to find someone else that has done it to help. If anyone knows the link to someone modding the glasses that would help lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31