DJI P4

Reaction score
I just join and very new to drones but advance photog wanting to try.

I just ordered a DJI P4 refurbished from DJI but seeing post I am concerned about their service and repairs.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party company they would recommend that offers insurance to repair and maybe even cover fly away.

Seems like DJI is a horror story to deal with

Tks

Walter

All that one seems to hear is the bad news. There are plenty of positive encounters with DJI. I Have only had to deal with them one time which was great.

I think you will be fine, you have a warranty from dji and you will be obliged to use them in the first instance. As Aero Mirage mentioned, there are many more success stories than the ones that appear here on the forum. You can always buy additonal insurance but that's an additional cost for possibly no benefit.

Tks

I did not buy anything extra as far as insurance from DJI. I hear they offer something but have not looked into since they say the refurbished one has full warranty.
Need your advise please should I spring for the extra ins. Not sure how often the have issues other than crashes I heard it was about $200

Tks

I did not buy anything extra as far as insurance from DJI. I hear they offer something but have not looked into since they say the refurbished one has full warranty.
Need your advise please should I spring for the extra ins. Not sure how often the have issues other than crashes I heard it was about $200
DJI offers their own package that you need to activate within 48 hours(?) of purchase at whatever cost it is. As for crashes and fly always, most are the fault of the operator, so if you are new to flying and concerned about throwing it into a fence, maybe consider it. I started out slowly and built confidence with experience and have never crashed or even scratched my P4, they are very user friendly and stable platform.

WalterPDean I'm in Australia and with all the time I wasted with the store I bought it at then trying to find someone at DJI to help me and fix my problem, a software issue with the update and the **** I went through I just bought another one!!!! Unfortunately DJI is the best so I had no choice but buy, but shopped on line this time, took the risk, the P4P arrived in 4 days and that was the week it the P4P came out and to date no problems and the P4p has many more cool features than P3P, so I'm happy I until this breaks then I DONT KNOW!!!?!!!! Good luck and for me it's worth the risk, if you a photographer cool if you make film or video really really cool!!! Enjoy it

Does anyone know of a 3rd party company they would recommend that offers insurance to repair and maybe even cover fly away.
You can find a list of commonly used 3rd party insurance companies here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72