DJI is keeping my drone

Reaction score
DJI customer service asked me to send my drone to them for repairs covered under warranty.

Tracking the repair through the DJI website, its been repaired for 11 days. Its just sitting there. How do I get them to get up off their bums and send it back to me?

Attachments

• IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 608
DJI customer service asked me to send my drone to them for repairs covered under warranty.

Tracking the repair through the DJI website, its been repaired for 11 days. Its just sitting there. How do I get them to get up off their bums and send it back to me?
HI Yeh that's a bit rough I be on the phone or door knocking,all the best on demanding your drone back :(

Reactions: DougAles
Post your repair number on their forum and ask for one of their online folk to trace it. Calling doesn't seem to work at all. To paraphrase that telephone operator Ernestine on Rowan & Martin's Laugh In show, "We don't care. We don't have to. We're DJI."

DJI service is really poor, imo. Too bad they are getting to be almost a drone monopoly as I fear it will only make their service even worse. Really need to clean up their buggy software and firmware matters too and maybe that would alleviate some of their poor service issues. Okay, put out a product with less quality control issues too.

If someone made an Inspire 2 equivalent I'd be all over that just to escape the DJI market stranglehold.

Just got a phone call.....from New Jersey? Hmm.

Anyways, the person on the phone said they were from DJI, my repaird drone will ship today, I will receive a email with tracking information from them today and they apologize for their delay.
Wow... looks like the best way to contact them is by twitter!!!

Wow... looks like the best way to contact them is by twitter!!!

Macoman - I genuinely hope they would do that for anyone. My social media presence, particularly on a different social media site, is strong. I don't use twitter much. Before today, my last tweet was April 12th, or 7 weeks ago. Yet over 100 people retweeted and over 100 people liked this tweet of mine today.

That level of twitter response tends to give the person in charge of social media a bit of concern.

Attachments

• IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 557

Wow, mine was marked "replaced" on their timeline for Care Refresh and its been sitting there ever since awaiting shipment. I wish I knew Twitter well enough to break mine loose.

Ed

Ed - how long has it been awaiting shipment?

I took no action on this until today, a total of 11 days or 6 working days.
Marked replaced on May 20. I emailed support and was sent a revised timeline (with no dates) which showed the "replaced" blue dot changed to "material requisitioned" then "repaired" then "flight tested" then quality assessed".

On May 25 I got an email saying it would be shipped in two business days. Still nothing.

Ed

Marked replaced on May 20. I emailed support and was sent a revised timeline (with no dates) which showed the "replaced" blue dot changed to "material requisitioned" then "repaired" then "flight tested" then quality assessed".

On May 25 I got an email saying it would be shipped in two business days. Still nothing.

Ed

I'm not sure what to tell you Ed. Although I did get a reply to my tweet from DJI, followed by a personal phone call and a email, I have not yet received a shipment notification with a tracking number I can verify with a indpenendend carrier such as UPS.

Your welcome to try what I tried. Tweet with details, tagging DJI, and using a hash tag or two. Thats assuming you have a twitter account and understand the basics of designing a effective tweet.

I'm not sure what to tell you Ed. Although I did get a reply to my tweet from DJI, followed by a personal phone call and a email, I have not yet received a shipment notification with a tracking number I can verify with a indpenendend carrier such as UPS.

Your welcome to try what I tried. Tweet with details, tagging DJI, and using a revelant hash tag or two. Thats assuming you have a twitter account and understand the basics of designing a effective tweet.

Well, I guess I've got a twitter account. I follow a few people on my phone but I've never tweeted myself. I guess I'll have to do some studying to learn the relevance and construction of hashtags and the other arcane markings used. Did you tweet to DJI Forums or to DJI Global?

Ed

Well, I guess I've got a twitter account. I follow a few people on my phone but I've never tweeted myself. I guess I'll have to do some studying to learn the relevance and construction of hashtags and the other arcane markings used. Did you tweet to DJI Forums or to DJI Global?

Ed

Ed, I tagged @DJISupport and @DJIGlobal in my attached photos and included @DJISupport in my tweet. My hashtags were #DJI and #Gitrdone I don't research my tags, hashtags and tweet construction. Because of my experience with YouTube, these things just come naturally to me. DJI did expand my tweet, clicked through to my profile then replied within a few minuites. By that time I had about 30 retweets and likes so if they are using a social listening program, and they most likely are using this type of software, that would have given them a pretty high level of alert. As said above, I genuinely hope they would give this level of response to everyone. The responsiveness to your tweet will anser that question.

♦️ Just for a bit of closure, I did receive a UPS tracking number from DJI.

The number is not recognized by UPS, but it looks legitimate to me. Based upon past experience of buying things online, this is normal. It should sort itself out once the package gets its first official scan from UPS.

That's good news. I tried sending a tweet to @djiforums and @djiglobal and the tweet shows up on my homepage, but I can't see it on either of the dji twitter pages so I suspect it didn't go through for some reason. I probably did something wrong.

I sent another email to djisupport and I'm waiting for a response from them.

Ed

Ed - if you care to send me a link to the tweet, I would be happy to review it.

If properly constructed, I'll show it some attention via retweet or like. Often, if I retweet something a dozen or two of my followers will re-retweet what I just retweeted.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl