DJI have a new competitor

Geezz guys,
Ok Ill rephrase my comment,
Unless it has lightbridge I'm not interested.
Can anyone name a drone that has the range the P3P has for $1200 ??
Again, only DJI can have lightbridge because it's their proprietary tech.

The 2 things I think Yuneec and there Typhoon H have over Dji is 1 there customer service. From what I have read so far Yuneec are a better company to buy from if customer service is important to you. 2 the Typhoon H as 2 extra props/motors meaning if it losses one in flight it's not falling out the sky. I have even it can land even if it loses 2 motors but not sure if it's true. It would feel much better knowing that little bit of backup was there.

... but it ended up falling out of the sky... Error 32 in my flight log ... About two months after having my replacement it too fell out of the sky for the exact same reason. ...I had lost trust in the product though and knew it was only a matter of time before it caused damage to someone or something. ....

These three sentences from Eric's post (#10) pretty much sum it up for me as far as customer service is concerned...I don't care how fast they send me a replacement, if it constantly falls out of the sky I don't want to fly it. Of course the rules of gravity apply and anything we send up has the potential to fall, that said it becomes our responsibility to limit the risk by mitigating the hazard and avoid flying over people whenever possible. I believe DJI offers the least likely to fall RTF product available at the moment.

Maybe DJI is doing good copters and Lightbridge have no competitor, but Geosniff will ruin all of everything. I swap my p3p for yuneec H or maybe some succesor of Q500 4K.

Well CES has just finished and despite all the new drones from lots of makers, the current best available ready to fly machines are the 1 year old Inspire and 9 months old P3 Adv & Pro.
All the other makers are still using wifi that breaks down at 5-600 metres while Lightbridge gives smooth control and clear video kilometres away.
Lightbridge was the major breakthrough and still none of the competitors are even in the race.
We'll have to wait to see but Gopro have no record with drones and they've not released any details to study.
3DR came and convinced a lot of people they were the best thing out there .. before they even launched.
But they've bombed with a drone that doesn't work properly and costs twice as much as a P3 Adv.

The Yuneec drones are slow lumbering things running wifi with clunky transmitters with fixed screens
It looks to me that most are still trying to compete with the P2.
I'm waiting to see some real competition and innovation - but it's not here yet - except for the Lightbridge P3s
Best for features and unbeatable for price. I'd hate to be trying to sell anything else right now.
I agree with you. I came across this 1 company ebumper4 (www.panoptesuav.com/ebumper/) it has a kit that can install to P2. the kit function like yuneec typhoon h. if DJI could come out this kind of kit im 100% sure dji owners can fly with pride.

I agree with you. I came across this 1 company ebumper4 (www.panoptesuav.com/ebumper/) it has a kit that can install to P2. the kit function like yuneec typhoon h. if DJI could come out this kind of kit im 100% sure dji owners can fly with pride.

Wow...$500 for their product and they are completely sold out...maybe they were actually just bought out

Really? Phantom 3 (Lightbridge) owners can already fly with pride because they still have the best ready to fly small drones available.
If you're impressed with Panoptes or the collision avoidance on rhe yet to be released Yuneec, take a minute to read the fine print.
Panoptes Maximum Collision Protection Speed: 5kts (8.5ft/s)
That's 2.6 metres/sec. Compare that with the Phantom's normal speed of 15 m/s
That means the Panoptes only works as long as you're crawling around at 17% of your normal top speed.
There's also a weight penalty that would affect your flight time.
Look closely at that Yuneec ... it only has one sensor facing forward and none in the other directions.
By all accounts, its abilities are nothing to get excited about either.

Look past catchy gimmicks and consider the things that really matter when you're evaluating a drone.

Reactions: StumbleBee
Really? Phantom 3 (Lightbridge) owners can already fly with pride because they still have the best ready to fly small drones available.
If you're impressed with Panoptes or the collision avoidance on rhe yet to be released Yuneec, take a minute to read the fine print.
Panoptes Maximum Collision Protection Speed: 5kts (8.5ft/s)
That's 2.6 metres/sec. Compare that with the Phantom's normal speed of 15 m/s
That means the Panoptes only works as long as you're crawling around at 17% of your normal top speed.
There's also a weight penalty that would affect your flight time.
Look closely at that Yuneec ... it only has one sensor facing forward and none in the other directions.
By all accounts, its abilities are nothing to get excited about either.

Look past catchy gimmicks and consider the things that really matter when you're evaluating a drone.
thats why DJI need to do something to it to improvise. all i care is to make dji drone the best of the best. coz competition is getting higher. everyone now focusing into drone industry...

Comparatively speaking... The price point is very reasonable.
image.png

Ah, have you seen the stuff that's already available today? ;-)
If money is no object, and you want to fly your way...

RedHotPoker

People complain about the small Phantom flying above, that humongous thing will not bring any attention.
When that thing falls from the sky it will make a crated in the ground..hit somebody and go to jail for manslaughter!

That's just the launch point for the Phantom 3. ;-)
It gets your drone, way up, well above the 400' height restriction.

All systems are really "Go" now. Hehe
Check out that snazzy radio controller.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: kphantom
Military? Gov use?
I want to see the geofence on that. Ah wait, is Gov operated no limitation.

That thing looks nice.. Wish it was a quad or a hex though..
About the new Yuneek Typhoon H, it caught my attention and it looks great.. I love hexacopters and that Typhoon H has a ton of features. Plus it's small and with those folding arms you can take it anywhere.. I have heard it can do over 35 mph, plenty fast.. But the fly in the ointment is always going to be that you can't take it out further than about 1,000 feet away cause it ain't got no lightbridge.. I frequently fly my P3P over 5,000 feet away from me, the geography of the location where I live allows for this.. It would be really hard for me to invest significant money in something that has less than a third of the range of the Phantom.. Other drone makers need to come up with something comparable to lightbridge pronto..

I have Inspire, phantom and Yuneec, I flew the yuneec maybe twice in a year since I bought it. It's not near as stable as phantoms and it's too **** slooooow. They were joking that yuneec is fly-away safe, if it's acting up just calmly put down your controller and walk up to it and grab it. The whole package is not as neat as phantom but more like a older generation of RC toy (just look at the charger with a fuse exposed). Their new hex copter is missing the point too - not as fancy as Inspire and cost way more than a P3. I know they will have their market share, but probably just a fraction of what DJI has.

That thing looks nice.. Wish it was a quad or a hex though..
About the new Yuneek Typhoon H, it caught my attention and it looks great.. I love hexacopters and that Typhoon H has a ton of features. Plus it's small and with those folding arms you can take it anywhere.. I have heard it can do over 35 mph, plenty fast.. But the fly in the ointment is always going to be that you can't take it out further than about 1,000 feet away cause it ain't got no lightbridge.. I frequently fly my P3P over 5,000 feet away from me, the geography of the location where I live allows for this.. It would be really hard for me to invest significant money in something that has less than a third of the range of the Phantom.. Other drone makers need to come up with something comparable to lightbridge pronto..
It has a mile range

Sorry. im referring to typhoon H. i think it not yet come out. the one that has the Intel sense. the latest one same as at the CES.

It has the same poor camera that the existing Q has.
If Image Quality is everything, then spending twice as much for quality that is not as good may be a non-starter.

Geezz guys,
Ok Ill rephrase my comment,
Unless it has lightbridge I'm not interested.
Can anyone name a drone that has the range the P3P has for $1200 ??

Yeah, the Advanced for $799.
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl