DJI have a new competitor

Reaction score
dear dji owners,

many of you have heard the latest yuneec drone. to my opinion its the best drone in town. if this came out earlier than christmas im sure its a hit.
im a dji p3a owner too but im really jealous of what Yuneec have achieve. recently ehang announce its human transport of the future. really **** good. so other drone companies are getting better and better.
so im curious has DJI ran out of ideas? starting of yr 2016 a bit quite from DJI. only brought out a black color edition for Inspire 1? so whats next big project? I heard DJI to come out a FPV goggles. great idea. but is it a bit too late? fatshark has done it earlier and its one of the best.
I support for DJI and I hope DJI could bring more hi tech drones for us with a really competitive price. and p3 was a smart move. its not that pricey but it delivers except some minor bugs in software.
DJI have to be ahead of its competitors. coming soon is gopro drone. i can't imagine what kinda of tech it want to offer. to me typhoon h its the best as it gets. with a built in LCD, bulky controller but its functional.

how do others feel?
what are your comments?

with so many autonomous drone it reminds me of the movie Terminator Rise of the machine....

Reactions: Cale262 and Meta4
Everything looks good on paper. Only time will tell how it really compares.
your right. but for sure they have tested it and it seems tp go to the right path. Im sure it has bugs to fix but DJI also at the 1st stage has glitches. look at it now. after firmware by firmware the p3 is now more stable. im sure yuneec have support team to tackle this. its a matter of time.

what i want is to see dji could make and upgrade for P3 owners instead of creating a new p4 that will be nice. appreciation to existing owners. coz existing owners not all can offered another new drone. am i right?so to get back to the game DJI must have this obstacles avoidance system coz its a must for every drone. but DJI can make its own way. im sure there are thousands of ways.

Only time will tell how it really compares.
i just can't wait for others to fail...its like hoping miracles for others to fail. sooner or later they will succeed. but that mean time DJI has to do something...im sure inspire 1 have a tough time to compete...

Friend just returned his yuneec typhoon 4k after flying phantom 3 advanced. He said phantom is faster more precise and way more stable. It's also a lot cheaper with its new price.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Friend just returned his yuneec typhoon 4k after flying phantom 3 advanced. He said phantom is faster more precise and way more stable. It's also a lot cheaper with its new price.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Sorry. im referring to typhoon H. i think it not yet come out. the one that has the Intel sense. the latest one same as at the CES.

I feel as though I can comfortably comment on this. I used to own a q500+ and I loved it. The picture quality and video were fantastic, but it ended up falling out of the sky... Error 32 in my flight log. No problem since yuneec replaced it right away for free. (Wonderful customer service). They replaced it and actually sent me a cgo3 4k camera too for doing a news segment with the q500+. About two months after having my replacement it too fell out of the sky for the exact same reason. Once again they replaced it completely and timely for free. (Keep flight logs and fpv video). I had lost trust in the product though and knew it was only a matter of time before it caused damage to someone or something. I sold it and bought a dji phantom 3 advanced. I have been flying it for about 3 months now and have had no issues at all, and I will give a quick comparison: The phantom has much much better range and video quality to controller. It is also better software side while controlling along with photo and video options for the camera. The phantom is much faster also, I mean like 3 times faster. This might be do to its small size and ability to easily fit in a backpack. What I miss from the q500+ is camera quality, and video quality. I have not had to deal with dji support but it would be very hard to beat Yuneecs. I would love to switch back to the typhoon H but for me to do so it must have a number of things: 1. Range a half mile+ at least. With HD video downlink. 2. Speed it must go at least 30mph (looks quick in videos so far). 3. Compact: it must fit in a backpack, can be larger than phantom but still carry-on size for planes . 4. Reliable. This must be a rock in the air and not fall randomly. 5. Advanced photo modes such as AEB. I want to go back, but need these things proven to me beforehand.

Reactions: Nightwalker
Unless it has lightbridge I'm not interested.
Can anyone name a drone that has the range the P3P has ??
yup...dji won that area. but guys dont you get it. sense to avoid obstacles. b4 this all is waiting for this function...just imagine how cool it is to maneuver the drone and suddenly the pilot make an error the drone correct itself. how cool is that?

Lightbridge = No Competition

And don't forget DJi has avoidance technology (Matrice) it's just a matter of time they put it in the Inspire/Phantom line at a dirt cheap price which is what DJi does.

one word "DISCO" baby wait until the end of the year see what parrot bring out it will blow your mind!!

Reactions: azagil
what i want is to see dji could make and upgrade for P3 owners....... DJI must have this obstacles avoidance system coz its a must for every drone .

An avoidance system for the P3 will need additional hardware (e.g. Sonar, IR, Laser) which leads me to believe it is highly unlikely that it will just be an upgrade. The P3 and its peripherals are fine for user installed software upgrades. It doesn't lend itself to user installable hardware upgrades.

so other drone companies are getting better and better.
so im curious has DJI ran out of ideas?

I hope DJI could bring more hi tech drones for us with a really competitive price. and p3 was a smart move. its not that pricey but it delivers except some minor bugs in software
Well CES has just finished and despite all the new drones from lots of makers, the current best available ready to fly machines are the 1 year old Inspire and 9 months old P3 Adv & Pro.
All the other makers are still using wifi that breaks down at 5-600 metres while Lightbridge gives smooth control and clear video kilometres away.
Lightbridge was the major breakthrough and still none of the competitors are even in the race.
DJI have to be ahead of its competitors. coming soon is gopro drone. i can't imagine what kinda of tech it want to offer. to me typhoon h its the best as it gets. with a built in LCD, bulky controller but its functional.
We'll have to wait to see but Gopro have no record with drones and they've not released any details to study.
3DR came and convinced a lot of people they were the best thing out there .. before they even launched.
But they've bombed with a drone that doesn't work properly and costs twice as much as a P3 Adv.

The Yuneec drones are slow lumbering things running wifi with clunky transmitters with fixed screens
It looks to me that most are still trying to compete with the P2.
I'm waiting to see some real competition and innovation - but it's not here yet - except for the Lightbridge P3s
Best for features and unbeatable for price. I'd hate to be trying to sell anything else right now.

Geezz guys,
Ok Ill rephrase my comment,
Unless it has lightbridge I'm not interested.
Can anyone name a drone that has the range the P3P has for $1200 ??

Reactions: tbwester

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl