DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

The context in which the descent rate is mentioned is as follows:
b) When the battery level reaches a Critical Battery Level Warning, the aircraft will automatically land. The motors will power off after landing.
c) Descending speed will be automatically adjusted based on current altitude when the battery level reaches a Critical Battery Level Warning.

I believe they intended to state the descent rate is adjusted based on current altitude and battery life when the Phantom is in RTH mode only. It's my assumption that while the Phantom is under user control, the descent rate is still restricted to 2 meters per second. I believe this to be a good assumption since I haven't heard anything to the contrary since they implemented this in the later firmware versions beyond 3.0.

IrishSights said:
Bigdz said:
Hello gentlemen hate to jump topic... I uploaded new Fw 3.06 and for some reason my transmitter light no goes green to yellowish... Switched batteries to rechargeables, but light still yellow. Never did this before. I'm sure it's something I did...
Could this be a link issue?
Any help would be great!
I had this once too. Did a RC calibration the Assistant calibration and light returned to normal colour.

I tried to re-bind but no luck I'll redo. I try it over again, now I'm wishing I never did the update

Has anyone had any real issues with the restricted descent rate? I really want to upgrade the firmware past 3.0 but I also don't want to kick myself in the butt if I find out later that I could have stayed on 3.0 with the latest version app and been just fine... your thoughts?

Bigdz said:
IrishSights said:
Bigdz said:
Hello gentlemen hate to jump topic... I uploaded new Fw 3.06 and for some reason my transmitter light no goes green to yellowish... Switched batteries to rechargeables, but light still yellow. Never did this before. I'm sure it's something I did...
Could this be a link issue?
Any help would be great!
I had this once too. Did a RC calibration the Assistant calibration and light returned to normal colour.

I tried to re-bind but no luck I'll redo. I try it over again, now I'm wishing I never did the update

Thank you sir!!! Did what you said...
If first you don't succeed try...try...again.

Done cha cha!

Just thought of something bad. Has anyone that has a Nuke(knock off) battery tried to see if the battery still works?

I have flown about 30 minutes on mine since update. I did not run either battery down to low level warning. So the P2V+ has updates and running the new android app. I can only report that I have no issues. Little windy here today so not flying much.

I can say I do not have more satellites. Was actually less the second flight that I have been seeing but I dont contribute that to update.

I noticed in the new DJI Vision app settings under General a "Rotation Lock". I do not recall seeing it before. Is this new? Does anyone know what it is for?

Watch out for this gotcha! I downloaded and successfully installed the "new" phantom assistant and upgraded my vision plus.

Then I thought I better upgrade my vision as well, clicked on the assistant icon on my desktop, and hooked into the vision, was told the version on the bird was higher than the current one, took me a few worried minutes to realize that the "new" install had added another icon on the (already cluttered) desktop and I had inadvertently clicked on the previous version icon!!

I have now deleted the first icon and all is well, just thought I would share that with anyone having upgrade problems.

I also tried the new DJI "hotline" contact in the app upgrade (android) and got a reply within 5 minutes!, My question? It was "can I upgrade both a vision and a vision plus using the same version of assistant on my PC?" their answer "YES"

jaykay2PT said:
I have now deleted the first icon and all is well, just thought I would share that with anyone having upgrade problems.

If you just deleted the icon, the application is still installed, which may be useful in case you want to revert back to previous version.

jaykay2PT said:
Watch out for this gotcha! I downloaded and successfully installed the "new" phantom assistant and upgraded my vision plus.

Then I thought I better upgrade my vision as well, clicked on the assistant icon on my desktop, and hooked into the vision, was told the version on the bird was higher than the current one, took me a few worried minutes to realize that the "new" install had added another icon on the (already cluttered) desktop and I had inadvertently clicked on the previous version icon!!

I also tried the new DJI "hotline" contact in the app upgrade (android) and got a reply within 5 minutes!, My question? It was "can I upgrade both a vision and a vision plus using the same version of assistant on my PC?" their answer "YES"
Holy crap! 5 minute response time from DJI customer support! It appears they're improving all around. Great news!

Flew about 30 min in 5 - 8 mph winds. I'm in NW WA and the declination here is a little over 16 degrees. I was have a fairly severe case of TBE and J hooking. From the beginning of my flight today all went well - straight and stable. I had been having difficulty following paths without drifting. No problems today. Many thanks to ianwood and the beta testers for their help in keeping dji focused on getting this done. I now have the confidence to complete some projects I had been holding off until the fix. Worth the wait.

AnselA said:
jaykay2PT said:

If you just deleted the icon, the application is still installed, which may be useful in case you want to revert back to previous version.

Exactly that is why I just deleted the "shortcut" you never know!

phantomguy said:
Is everyones Radar icon calibrated perfectly? Or is the actual radar indicator pointing slightly to the right compared to the direction of the actual Phantom?

My iphone 4 is fairly accurate on the compass but not so on Kindle Fire HDX where it's usually off at least 90 degrees. I was wondering if the "compass calibration" in the new app is to address that issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl