DJI H3-3D 3 Axis GoPro Gimbal Announced

On DJIGuys the link stated $949 The P2 body now has been slightly modified for mounting, and an additional add on mount for old P2 bodies to allow the rotation of the mount.

Trouble for me is for the P2 is the legs are still in the way of the camera rotation as even the modified P2 body, still retains the same landing legs rather than the HK style wider stance legs to ensure a wider leg free rotation

Leg free Quads won"t have this issue obviously ;)
Ian

Is there any advantage of this over the 2D with the additional 3rd party yaw stabilisation mount you can buy (when in stock)

neiloakley said:
Is there any advantage of this over the 2D with the additional 3rd party yaw stabilisation mount you can buy (when in stock)

The H3-3D will probably be much lighter than the add-on 3rd-axis kit you can buy now plus the original gimbal.

Is this gimbal made to correct the yaw in the 3rd axis, or can it pan left and right by using a manual switch or dial, and if it can pan left and right manually what will be used to control it on the transmitter?

not sure I see the need . . . for how I use it! Anyone else thrilled about the capability for the extra coin?

dec said:
not sure I see the need . . . for how I use it! Anyone else thrilled about the capability for the extra coin?

I am! Trying to remove the yaw movement in post editing is a pain in the ***! I'm going to buy one of these as soon as it come out! Anyone looking for a slightly used H3-2D? ;)

Adam said:
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-h3-3d

Priced at approximately $489 USD standalone or $959 with a slightly redesigned Phantom 2.

Availability expected early April. I'd look for demos at the NAB Show April 5-10.
Know anyone that has free guest passes-exhibits only?? I'm only 3 hours away, and really wanna go-but I'm not a member, and I'm not paying $$$ to get in.
Someone was nice enough to e-mail me a code, that discounts the $150 entry fee, but then it still wants $25!! WTH?

Anyways, looks like we now have 2? threads on this. Looks nice.....but Dam!!! It's Tax Time!!! Gotta find a spare grand+. Need one of these, ASAP!!!!
I'm one of those "poor saps" that actually had to write a check to the IRS...April gonna be an expensive month!!!

havasuphoto said:
Adam said:
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-h3-3d

Priced at approximately $489 USD standalone or $959 with a slightly redesigned Phantom 2.

Availability expected early April. I'd look for demos at the NAB Show April 5-10.
Know anyone that has free guest passes-exhibits only?? I'm only 3 hours away, and really wanna go-but I'm not a member, and I'm not paying $$$ to get in.
Someone was nice enough to e-mail me a code, that discounts the $150 entry fee, but then it still wants $25!! WTH?

Anyways, looks like we now have 2? threads on this. Looks nice.....but Dam!!! It's Tax Time!!! Gotta find a spare grand+. Need one of these, ASAP!!!!
I'm one of those "poor saps" that actually had to write a check to the IRS...April gonna be an expensive month!!!

http://www.paralinx.net/blog/2014/2/20/ ... 439-oe1346

I downloaded the user's guide, release notes, and quickstart guide. Nothing I could see in any of them about how the 3rd axis is controlled. Anyone see anything out there re smooth-follow/manual controls of yaw?

Kelly

Nope-it's not even an option. For one-the landing gear would get in the way. Also-you would next a 2nd remote control channel or remote and a camera operator.

Sorry to be confused. What then is the point of the third axis?

havasuphoto said:
For one-the landing gear would get in the way. Also-you would next a 2nd remote control channel or remote and a camera operator.

Not true on both counts.

The yaw axis is simply dampened and does not have a manual control (kind of like the roll axis on the current 2D version). The dampening is limited as to not pan far enough to get the landing gear in the picture.

Here is DJI's email response to my inquiry about pricing and availability,etc:

" Dear Sir,

we just released the 3 axis gimbal with Gopro 3+,
and we have transferred related info to the dealers,
Please consult more from your local dealer.
Thanks. "

Not very helpful so I guess I have to find a dealer that is not a part of the Colin lawsuit?

The user manual is confusing me.

2.1 Notes: (1) - Skip this chapter if you purchase the Phantom 2 version of the H3-3D gimbal, as it does not come with GCU

then it goes on to say a few lines later:

GCU can either be vertically or horizontally installed on the Phantom 2.

SOOOOOOO do i need to wire in another GCU or not?

Jezabel said:
Here is DJI's email response to my inquiry about pricing and availability,etc:

" Dear Sir,

we just released the 3 axis gimbal with Gopro 3+,
and we have transferred related info to the dealers,
Please consult more from your local dealer.
Thanks. "

Not very helpful so I guess I have to find a dealer that is not a part of the Colin lawsuit?

the reason they are not helpful is because the dealers should be the point of contact, not dji. you don't call germany when you want to know about a bmw, you go to the dealer.

Rich007 said:
If you buy a Lightbridge will the HDMI signal pass through the new Gimbal without the external HDMI cable.

Regards Rich

Rich,

I don't think so. You will still have to attach the HDMI cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing