Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal gone Crazy

Reaction score
I had a minor crash and now the Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal seems to be searching for stability by rotating back and forth and up and down on it's own.
There is also a grinding sound as it goes through the process.
All the motors rotate freely except the tilt motor which has a bit of a drag.

Do you have a video by any chance? What settings in assist? Are you using a 3rd party bracket or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No video. The Gimbal just swings around appearing to look for stability while sitting on the ground. I flipped it upside down and rotated it which seem to stabilize the GoPro it the looking forward position, but when I tilt it down it jerks tying to settle.

Are you using the stock bracket? Drop pins or zip ties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After i had a small crash my h3 started to act up it was down to a small screw working loose on the top of the axis that rotates left and right, the loose screw was allowing the arm to move upwards causeing it to foul the upper bracket, i do now have to retighten this screw every month or so, i could put a dab of threadlock to cure it but im happy to check it frequently.

Reactions: Slickrick
Thanks for all the good feedback. Since the Phantom & Gimbal was less than month old, B&H Photo is replicating the Gimbal (No Charge). These are Great Folks.
I'm supposed to receive the new Gimbal Monday via UPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan