DJI Goggles with Phantom 4 Pro+ Controller (Built in Display)

Reaction score
Been trying to find the answer but nothing definitive anywhere!

So, will the DJI Goggles work on the P4P+ Controller with built in Display.
I'm sure the HDMI will do fine, but what about headtracking?

Can any of the USB ports in the back be connected to the Goggles?
Can we use the display and the Goggles at the same time (including headtracking)?

If anybody knows or has tested I'd love to hear!

Here's what I found while testing my P4P+ remote controller:
  • It's possible to connect the DJI Goggles to the P4P+ remote controller via a USB cable. Head tracking does work. The lag is horrible though. The picture in the goggles does not update until like 10 seconds later.
  • When connected to the DJI Goggles via HDMI, the goggles show exactly what is on the display. You cannot use head tracking or the other goggles features. You'll only be able to adjust the volume/brightness of the goggles.

• The built in P4P+ display functions like it normally does when either the USB or HDMI cable is connected.

Thanks for the finds!
Just cancelled my order sadly because of this, it really should have been more obvious how it works with the Phantom 4 series.
To me it seemed like P4P was just supported via USB, period.

A real shame...

Here's what I found while testing my P4P+ remote controller:
  • It's possible to connect the DJI Goggles to the P4P+ remote controller via a USB cable. Head tracking does work. The lag is horrible though. The picture in the goggles does not update until like 10 seconds later.
  • When connected to the DJI Goggles via HDMI, the goggles show exactly what is on the display. You cannot use head tracking or the other goggles features. You'll only be able to adjust the volume/brightness of the goggles.

• The built in P4P+ display functions like it normally does when either the USB or HDMI cable is connected.

Also, have you tried connected both HDMI and USB at the same time?
(perhaps the data load on the USB is too large for both headtracking/control and video streaming)

I dug into the Goggles manual and unfortunately there it says that P4P+ only supports HDMI, they dont even mention that the USB headtracking (kind of but horribly) works.

You definitely cannot use both USB and HDMI at the same time.

As for the USB connection, DJI could be working on firmware updates to make it function properly. The fact that it semi works now makes me think they are still tweaking it before announcing it's compatible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen