DJI GO

And now, who is the first to report about the new firmware on bird ????? I'm scared ...
me. i was about to take my bird out when i saw that the app needed to be updated. and then the firmware too. so now i'm waiting for it all to be done and take it out for a short test flight before flying higher and faster

Reactions: Dome and AlmostTan
That is very brave of you....

and my download is about 50% so far.
So far i'm happy to report that the update is taking quite a long time. The last firmware took a much shorter time to update.

Oh and it just completed. elapse time about 25 mins. gonna update the RC now

Just completed my update, this is the log file, seem a little different from the other time:

Result: Success.

========== 2015.08.01 23:27:01 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.08.01 23:41:25 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2015.08.03 10:51:05 =====================

========== 2015.08.03 10:55:48 =====================

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

I'm guessing its a success?

So far i'm happy to report that the update is taking quite a long time. The last firmware took a much shorter time to update.

Oh and it just completed. elapse time about 25 mins. gonna update the RC now
Please keep us updated when you finish all your updates. Test flight after maybe ;)

Overview:

1. All-in-one firmware version updated to:v1.3.20

2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to: v2.0.0

What’s New:

1. Added HD Video Conversion option in the video editor when cutting footage to video.

2. Automatic photo syncing of the compressed file to your mobile device.

3. Added option to downgrade the aircraft firmware (remote controller version will be released soon).

4. Camera View now displays the DJI logo if a video output error is detected to avoid confusion with a blank screen.

Bug Fixes:

1. Fixed issue of the camera failing to save photos when shooting in burst mode.

2. Fixed issue of Camera View occasionally displaying a blank screen while recording video.`

Notice:

The firmware can be downgraded to v1.1.9 or later only.

Just completed my update, this is the log file, seem a little different from the other time:

========== 2015.08.01 23:27:01 =====================

========== 2015.08.01 23:41:25 =====================

========== 2015.08.03 10:51:05 =====================

========== 2015.08.03 10:55:48 =====================

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...

I'm guessing its a success?

What was your previous fw installed ?

I can't seem to update my RC now. Tried using a thumbdrive, directly connecting to my SD card reader, and updating from the camera gimbal.

The light on the remote remains red.

Overview:

1. All-in-one firmware version updated to:v1.3.20

2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to: v2.0.0

What’s New:

1. Added HD Video Conversion option in the video editor when cutting footage to video.

2. Automatic photo syncing of the compressed file to your mobile device.

3. Added option to downgrade the aircraft firmware (remote controller version will be released soon).

4. Camera View now displays the DJI logo if a video output error is detected to avoid confusion with a blank screen.

Bug Fixes:

1. Fixed issue of the camera failing to save photos when shooting in burst mode.

2. Fixed issue of Camera View occasionally displaying a blank screen while recording video.`

Notice:

The firmware can be downgraded to v1.1.9 or later only.
I hope that's not all they fixed. Those aren't even things I've heard of. I'm more interested in things that don't cause it to rain Phantoms and fixes for the tilted horizon... Stuff like that.

I can't seem to update my RC now. Tried using a thumbdrive, directly connecting to my SD card reader, and updating from the camera gimbal.

Oh nice news ... try to format and copy just the .bin file on the card ...

I hope that's not all they fixed. Those aren't even things I've heard of. I'm more interested in things that don't cause it to rain Phantoms and fixes for the tilted horizon... Stuff like that.

100% agree, think I will be leaving mine on 1.19 for a while longer

Reading on another site, the TX is updated via the new Go app.

Just reading this

Preferred the old way of chucking the usb/sdcard in the tx and updating. If it aint broke.....

Updating the Remote Controller Firmware
Ensure the DJI GO app has been updated to v1.2.0 before updating the remote controller. The System Status bar in Camera View of the DJI GO App will flash several times if a firmware update is available. Follow these steps to update the firmware via the DJI GO App.
Step 1- Check Battery and SD Card Capacity
1. The remote controller has at least 50% battery level.
2. Your mobile device is able to access the internet.
3. There is at least 30 MB of free space on your mobile device.
Step 2- Download and Update the Firmware
1. Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.
Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:
a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.
c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote controller is turned off.
d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.
f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade the remote controller.

You will only be able to update the remote controller firmware through the DJI GO app from this point onwards.

My Tx wouldn't update via the APP either (iPad Mini 2 - said it's not supported).

Cleaned the files off the card and added just the update again (without the P3 success message) and plugged it into the Tx and after about 20 seconds the light changed colour and the update began. 2 minutes later all done.

Anyone know if the batts get an update with this version too ?

My Tx wouldn't update via the APP either (iPad Mini 2 - said it's not supported).

Cleaned the files off the card and added just the update again (without the P3 success message) and plugged it into the Tx and after about 20 seconds the light changed colour and the update began. 2 minutes later all done.

I still can't update the controller. Its so frustrating, wanted to go out fly 2 hrs ago and now i'm stuck here. I've tried all the methods, it doesnt even initialize the update for the RC.

Help?

I did the update on the TX via sd card, it took 1 minute approx.

I have a confirmation file.

Yes, batts are updated so put them all in if you have more than one (not at the same time, obviously :))

My TX wouldn't update either when I first tried. Then I connected to the Go App and it said it couldn't be updated via the app, so I switched off and tried the card again and it worked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart