DJI GO

ok, will cycle through all my batteries when drone done, just started that update a few minutes ago

I have the 300B TX and I still can't update it through the USB Key and with the Drone... :(

me too. ****. so how now?
Right now it's appear that we can't ... Maybe a new update of the APP will fix that... But not from an firmware update because with the 300B, the TX is updated through the app itself.

First tried updating the P3P, took 30 mins and then red light and constant noise and solid red light, so failed, have a 308a TX, this will not upgrade via app, so tried via usb stick, after about a min, finished successfully. RE doing the P3P now, let you know shortly

Update,
Second time update worked, P3P updates, now updating 2nd battery

2nd battery took a couple of mins.

Everything OK

now to calibrate everything

Last edited:
Reactions: Cthulhus
It's ok so far. Don't like all the adds at the opening. Like the old one that jumped in to all options no commercials.

Apparently the 300B doesn't need an update....
So why we have a red warning message on the screen saying us that we need an upgrade?

You probably right, the 300B don't need it... But DJI should update the app and remove that.

Well after that, I just had a brown trouser moment (well, several moments actually), upgrading my second battery. Went through the process and eventually after several minutes I got a long continuous tone. The centre two lights were on on the battery. It wouldn't switch off, so I pulled it. It still wouldn't switch off, but eventually it did, but then no lights when the button was pressed. Bugger I thought, it's bricked! I put it back in the Phantom and the Phantom powered up with no lights or without pressing anything. It started bleeping and then eventually it alternated between one and two lights on the battery. At one point all four led's on the Phantom turned red, but as it was still bleeping D-D-D-D I left it. After a good fifteen minutes I got all lights back on the battery and a successful tone from the Phantom. Phew!
A check of the log shows success and the detailed log showed that the battery firmware upgrade failed several times before succeeding.
Scary!

The DJI rep just got back to me and told me GL300B controllers dont need any upgrading.

gb300.jpg

Completely wasted my afternoon away as i was itching to go out fly.Anyone can confirm that its safe to fly with a GL300B controller?

Well after that, I just had a brown trouser moment (well, several moments actually), upgrading my second battery. Went through the process and eventually after several minutes I got a long continuous tone. The centre two lights were on on the battery. It wouldn't switch off, so I pulled it. It still wouldn't switch off, but eventually it did, but then no lights when the button was pressed. Bugger I thought, it's bricked! I put it back in the Phantom and the Phantom powered up with no lights or without pressing anything. It started bleeping and then eventually it alternated between one and two lights on the battery. At one point all four led's on the Phantom turned red, but as it was still bleeping D-D-D-D I left it. After a good fifteen minutes I got all lights back on the battery and a successful tone from the Phantom. Phew!
A check of the log shows success and the detailed log showed that the battery firmware upgrade failed several times before succeeding.
Scary!

hmm

I did not look at battery lights as drone battery was facing the other way.
I looked at the camera light and when that stopped flashing red / green all is done. (i hope)

For info, the "How to Update the Firmware" has a typo. The instructions are very straight forward and if you read them carefully, you won't have any issues. However, under "Updating the Remote Controller Firmware" it states... Ensure the DJI GO app has been updated to v1.2.0, this should read v2.0.0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic