P3 Firmware DJI GO

Reaction score
I just got a message to update my go app to version 3.1.10. Should I or not, my p3s is flying just fine on the existing version.

The update is a major "downgrade" it limits and removes features you have now.
BFZ nightmare, forced registration and thats before we get to the issues people are having with the app.

i could not get my p3p to connect to controller and it asked fr a firmware update....after update i tried to see if it would connect and tried to start motors in the house....it will not let me as i am in a no fly zone [ BARELY IN THE ZONE]. then it asked me for email and credit card or sms info.

What is that about....if i'm photographing house at 60 ft i take that responsibility.... who is the authorized whatever that unocks the drone???/

please advise...totally confused

Vince

i could not get my p3p to connect to controller and it asked fr a firmware update....after update i tried to see if it would connect and tried to start motors in the house....it will not let me as i am in a no fly zone [ BARELY IN THE ZONE]. then it asked me for email and credit card or sms info.

What is that about....if i'm photographing house at 60 ft i take that responsibility.... who is the authorized whatever that unocks the drone???/

please advise...totally confused

Vince

I had the same issue at work a couple months ago; was flying a 1/4 mile from a airport, although -300 altitude from the runway (its on a ridge).

As I recall, it happened fast as I was loosing light, I just went through the process as described. They didn't charge the card. I believe it was more just a verification that you are who you say you are and trackable information in the event your flying results in an investigation.

Thank God for You tube....i used my SMS as the verification..it sent me a number, i plugged it in ...now it lets me by pass the alert.

Like you said they want to be able to identify you.

all is well.

Vince 9951

Hi Guy's, I just updated my iPad3 Mini OS to newest version, it's telling me that both DJI Go apps the DJI Go and the DJI Go4, The DJI Go 4 says it updates to version V.01.05.0300, Actually I'm very hesitant to update either one, I actually enjoy flying my Phantom 3 Adv. and my Phantom 4, Give me some thoughts guy's, I really don't want to fix what is not broken LOL
Thanks You All Are The Best !
SteveP55

remove the update from the Ipad.
Dont update anything if it already works is king.

Hi mark99,
Thanks, How do I remove the update from my iPad mini 3?
I know how to remove an app , by holding down the app icon and it will uninstall the app, but have never tried to remove a update reminder.
SteveP55

Hi mark99,
I got it, I just shut off notifications from the app store, Since I only use the iPad mini 3 for flying I don't really have any other
apps I need to worry about.
Thanks and Fly safe
SteveP55

I think you need to turn off auto updates. The notification just stops telling you what is going on but doesn't stop auto updating.

Hea Hi Neon Euc,
How are you ? Yea I turned off the Apps Notifications so it doesn't keep telling me I have updates, then I make sure when I'm connecting to either the P3adv. or the P4 that my WIFI on my iPad 3 mini is turned off so the DJIGO and DJI GO4 app doesn't look for updates, I think this will stop it from trying to force me to update the apps and the firmware, at least I think so LOL. How have you been Neon? I haven't been able to fly in a while winter is hell right now, I'm hoping later this week the temps will rise and the winds will subside so I can get in the air again.... Need my fix...LOL
Thanks Brother
SteveP55

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hea Hi Neon Euc,
How are you ? Yea I turned off the Apps Notifications so it doesn't keep telling me I have updates, then I make sure when I'm connecting to either the P3adv. or the P4 that my WIFI on my iPad 3 mini is turned off so the DJIGO and DJI GO4 app doesn't look for updates, I think this will stop it from trying to force me to update the apps and the firmware, at least I think so LOL. How have you been Neon? I haven't been able to fly in a while winter is hell right now, I'm hoping later this week the temps will rise and the winds will subside so I can get in the air again.... Need my fix...LOL
Thanks Brother
SteveP55
Hi Steve. Doing well mate. Hope thongs are going well your way. Did you get to fly again in the last few days? [emoji4] I know what you mean by needing a flight fix lol. Same here but way to cold today too where I am. Looking forward to summer

Hi Steve. Doing well mate. Hope thongs are going well your way. Did you get to fly again in the last few days? [emoji4] I know what you mean by needing a flight fix lol. Same here but way to cold today too where I am. Looking forward to summer
Hea Neon,
No I have not got a chance to fly yet, if it's not snowing, it's to cold or it's to windy here in Illinois of the US, But we're supposed to get a little warm up in a few days, but with my luck as it warms up then it's to windy LOL I'm looking forward to summer also Neon.... but we still have a few months of winter ahead yet. Good to hear from you, hope your doing good to and hope your Christmas was nice also. Stay in touch brother and take care !
SteveP55

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez