DJI GO APP WILL NOT INSTALL (solved)

Reaction score
When going to Google Play and finding DJI GO app, I found the message: "Your device isn't compatible with this version."
Am I missing anything?
With regards and thanks,

A new tablet I got from Walmart yesterday.
RCA Voyager Pro with (removable) Keyboard Case.
Lousy camera, but everything else is very good.
quad core, 1GB cache, 16GB inter MEM, and I added 64GB MIcroSD card for external MEM (you can put in a max of 128GB!).
Every app I wanted to install, installed. except DJI Go App.
Runs very fast.
Battery life? I don't know, yet... (Probably not more than three when running online.)
Thanks for your question.

What device are you using?

Let's be very clear.... you've never loaded Go into this tablet and the message is that your device is not compatible with the app, correct? However, you wrote the subject line to indicate that Go won't install under Android 5.01.... which is 100% incorrect. The subject line you choose is going to make anyone who is running 5.01 think that can't use the Go app when really... they just can't use a cheap tablet from Walmart which we know nothing about.

Go works just fine under Android 5.01. It's _won't_ run on all Android devices.

Have you tried downloading the apk direct from DJI's website, allowing the device to sideload apk's direct and installing Go this way?

Thank you for your reply to this DJI Phantom 3 Standard customer.

FYI I already have ( since the day that I purchased the P3), a fully updated version of Go installed on my "cheap" chinese ZTE ZMAX cell phone and flown the P3 Standar successfully several times (it has a 5.7" HD diagonal screen). It runs on Android 4.4.4. It was downloaded from Google Play as suggested on Page 2 of P3 Standard V. 2015.10

BTW, as a 78 year old, it was a great financial effort to purchase the P3 Standard, and to acquire the cheap new tablet from Walmart.

What is happening here is that the Android version available at Google Play, where I went as suggested on page 2 of the DJI P3 Standard User Manual, is not compatible with ver. 5.01 Lollipop.

DJI.Com: I cannot scan the Go down load from my tablet. I will have to wait until you post, or send me a URL to a download link or upgrade Google Play to the latest Android version.

Again, thank you.

Let's be very clear.... you've never loaded Go into this tablet and the message is that your device is not compatible with the app, correct? However, you wrote the subject line to indicate that Go won't install under Android 5.01.... which is 100% incorrect. The subject line you choose is going to make anyone who is running 5.01 think that can't use the Go app when really... they just can't use a cheap tablet from Walmart which we know nothing about.

Go works just fine under Android 5.01. It's _won't_ run on all Android devices.

Have you tried downloading the apk direct from DJI's website, allowing the device to sideload apk's direct and installing Go this way?

The incompatibility may be due to your tablet not having GPS. At least I couldn't find anywhere that said it had it. I suspect that the install flags in Play won't allow the install for that reason.

As for the APK...

Let me google that for you

Thank you.
Please read my previous reply.
I was able to scan the download from the DJI site. That version did install perfectly an works on the "cheap" but excellent Walmart RCA Voyager Pro with (removable) Keyboard Case with O.S. Android Ver. 5.1 .
The version at google play seems to be an earlier version.
Again thanks.

The incompatibility may be due to your tablet not having GPS. At least I couldn't find anywhere that said it had it. I suspect that the install flags in Play won't allow the install for that reason.

As for the APK...

Let me google that for you

FYI I already have ( since the day that I purchased the P3), a fully updated version of Go installed on my "cheap" chinese ZTE ZMAX cell phone and flown the P3 Standar successfully several times (it has a 5.7" HD diagonal screen). It runs on Android 4.4.4. It was downloaded from Google Play as suggested on Page 2 of P3 Standard V. 2015.10

I thought you had written "cheap". I went back and noted that you did not. should have used the word, "inexpensive" as it would have been more on point.... or not used any adjective.

My main point... DJI's Go app works just fine under 5.01. The issue is the actual device, not the Android version. I wanted to be clear about that so other people would not think they can't fly as they are running 5.01.

I'm having a similar issue getting the Android app to load. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. It has Wifi, GPS, And is running Android 4.2.2 JellyBean. When I go to install the app from Google Play, it say the device is not compatible with this version. If you tether the tablet to a computer via USB and go to download it, It gives a more specific reason for not being compatible, "No Carrier". I didn't think you had to have a wireless provider to run the app. Am I wrong?

I have a Nexus 7 tablet (includes GPS) but get the same result. "Your device isn't compatible with this version". I do have wireless connectivity. What gives?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I may be new to flying Drones but I'm a long time fan of Android.

I'm using an old Nexus 4 phone on my P3S and it's flawless, albeit a little small.

You are better off acquiring a more mainstream Android device. iOs only has to cater to a handful of different hardware specifications, Android and thus all the apps that are available for it have to cater to literally thousands of differing hardware configurations. What you do find though is that the mainstream devices tend to run smoother and have less compatibility issues.

I don't know very much about the specific tablet that you bought, but can you tell me if the device comes pre-rooted?

Kind regards.

I have a Nexus 7 tablet (includes GPS) but get the same result. "Your device isn't compatible with this version". I do have wireless connectivity. What gives?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I finally got the app to install by rooting routing the tablet. Didn't have to do anything else. Apparently, when they ship the tablet version of a phone, they still hold a place for a cell provider/carrier. Once you root the tablet it gives you full admin rights to the root directory and the DJI GO app install perfectly.

I finally got the app to install by rooting routing the tablet. Didn't have to do anything else. Apparently, when they ship the tablet version of a phone, they still hold a place for a cell provider/carrier. Once you root the tablet it gives you full admin rights to the root directory and the DJI GO app install perfectly.
I have a Nexus 7 (2012) Tablet not a Smartphone. I still don't understand why the DJI Go app is incompatible.
How does go about "rooting routing the Tablet"?

Thanks

i had dji go app installed on my ellipsis 8 android tablet 4.4.4 had no problems did the new system update 5.1.1 and it took my dji go app off of my tablet.and now when i go to install the app from google play store app is not compatible downloaded apk. file starts installing then app not installed pops up and gives no reason

Reactions: David May
I am not sure a Nexus tablet needs to be rooted. It is Pure Android. Pure Google. Clean. Sans bloatware.
(correct me if I am misinformed)

I have ordered the P3A. I have installed the DJI GO app on my Galaxy note II. Will Note II work with the P3A or will I have to buy another tablet?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl