DJI Go App will not go to Camera Mode

Reaction score
I have a relatively new Phantom 3 Professional as I have flown it less than 6 times. I received a notice via my app that I needed a firmware update. I downloaded the latest firmware (v1.11.20) and installed per the SD card. Since then I have not been able to get the remote, P3P and DJI Go app to all work together. Currently it seems that the controller and the P3P are linked as I am able to control the P3P camera via the gimbal dial on the remote and the status LED on the remote shows solid green. The camera status indicator on the P3P is also solid green. I have also loaded the current version of the DJI Go app (3.1.13) multiple times in an effort to get it to play with the remote and P3P. I am not able to get the app to get past the "How to Connect" page. It never goes to the "camera' page. I have also used multiple USB/lightning cables to hook up to my iphone 6s and/or my Ipad 2 mini and have the same results with never getting past the "How to Connect" page. I have also done a reset on the remote controller by simultaneously pushing C1, C2 and the shutter button while turning off and then back on. . I have talked with DJI support and we went through a number of the procedures mentioned above again with no solution. they are recommending sending the unit in for repair.
Any suggestions on what else i might try before i resort to sending the unit in for repair?

I have a relatively new Phantom 3 Professional as I have flown it less than 6 times. I received a notice via my app that I needed a firmware update. I downloaded the latest firmware (v1.11.20) and installed per the SD card. Since then I have not been able to get the remote, P3P and DJI Go app to all work together. Currently it seems that the controller and the P3P are linked as I am able to control the P3P camera via the gimbal dial on the remote and the status LED on the remote shows solid green. The camera status indicator on the P3P is also solid green. I have also loaded the current version of the DJI Go app (3.1.13) multiple times in an effort to get it to play with the remote and P3P. I am not able to get the app to get past the "How to Connect" page. It never goes to the "camera' page. I have also used multiple USB/lightning cables to hook up to my iphone 6s and/or my Ipad 2 mini and have the same results with never getting past the "How to Connect" page. I have also done a reset on the remote controller by simultaneously pushing C1, C2 and the shutter button while turning off and then back on. . I have talked with DJI support and we went through a number of the procedures mentioned above again with no solution. they are recommending sending the unit in for repair.
Any suggestions on what else i might try before i resort to sending the unit in for repair?
Even though you said you are linked, the firmware release summary says to relink after upgrading. Its worth a try at least before shipping it off.

Have you tried reverting back to the previous firmware version - the one which worked prior to the upgrade? If that one still works, and the new version doesn't, then you have firmware issues. That's not an un-common thing to have happen - and usually the older firmware works just perfectly fine for most operators and in most conditions. That's why I don't go out and grab every upgrade immediately when they are issued - If what I have meets my needs I don't upgrade.

Have you tried reverting back to the previous firmware version - the one which worked prior to the upgrade? If that one still works, and the new version doesn't, then you have firmware issues. That's not an un-common thing to have happen - and usually the older firmware works just perfectly fine for most operators and in most conditions. That's why I don't go out and grab every upgrade immediately when they are issued - If what I have meets my needs I don't upgrade.
You are right. My whole problem seems to have been generated by going to new firmware (v1.11.20). Where can I find the older versions of firmware. Looking at previous posts its not clear where I can find it.

Reactions: Jthomp
Even though you said you are linked, the firmware release summary says to relink after upgrading. Its worth a try at least before shipping it off.
At this point I cant get to the camera page on the app. Not sure how to relink unless dji go app can get past the "how to connect" page.

At this point I cant get to the camera page on the app. Not sure how to relink unless dji go app can get past the "how to connect" page.
If you want to try, you can do a manual relinking without needing the app at all. Click here for info.

You are right. My whole problem seems to have been generated by going to new firmware (v1.11.20). Where can I find the older versions of firmware. Looking at previous posts its not clear where I can find it.

Do a Google search for "DJI Go firmware version". If you find a site where the various versions for your system (IOS or Android) are listed, and if you know what version you were running before, then select that version, download it and install it.

If you don't know what version you were running before I would download the version that was issued just prior to the one you presently have installed. Install that one and see how it goes. If it doesn't work well then go to the version previous to that one.

Wash, rinse, repeat as necessary.

If you want to try, you can do a manual relinking without needing the app at all. Click here for info.
Thanks. i will try the ree-link process first and if that does not succeed I will revert t an older firmware. Thanks all. I will rewspond back as soon as I have a chance to do it.

I first tried the manual relink process. I did get the rc controller status led to flash blue and then I pushed the relink button. However it did not work.. I tried multiple times with no success. I also tried to downgrade according to specific instructions on the drone world website but with no success. I guess i am at a point where i need to have someone else look at it, as I am totally frustrated . Thanks all for your suggestions

Have you tried linking without the DJI Go app even being turned on? If you were able to do that PRIOR to upgrading the firmware but are not able to do it now then you have issues with that new firmware update itself -

1 The new firmware itself is corrupted, and/or
2. The new firmware is blocking you from loading previous editions of the firmware, and/or
3. The new firmware has set some internal code switch / mechanism that cannot/is not re-set when previous editions of the firmware are re-loaded to the 'copter.

I first tried the manual relink process. I did get the rc controller status led to flash blue and then I pushed the relink button. However it did not work.. I tried multiple times with no success.
So when you did the manual (no app) linking and had the blue light blinking on your RC, did you press and hold for 2 seconds the link button on your AC or did you just press and quickly release?

Also, which FW version do you have on your RC?

So when you did the manual (no app) linking and had the blue light blinking on your RC, did you press and hold for 2 seconds the link button on your AC or did you just press and quickly release?

Also, which FW version do you have on your RC?
I pressed and held for 2 seconds with no success. I also tried pressing and releasing right away, also with no success.

Hi.

We are having exactly the same issue since DJI released the latest firmware... here's our thread from last week P3P FW & Go app update - is there a fix yet?

Although we can relink RC to AC via the blue light and start motors/fly, the Go app has no link to any of the equipment which renders the P3P useless as we can't control or view anything on screen...

It also won't allow a downgrade to previous firmware.

We managed to get our Inspire to work today after a weekend of worry but the P3P is still grounded.

Hi.

We are having exactly the same issue since DJI released the latest firmware... here's our thread from last week P3P FW & Go app update - is there a fix yet?

Although we can relink RC to AC via the blue light and start motors/fly, the Go app has no link to any of the equipment which renders the P3P useless as we can't control or view anything on screen...

It also won't allow a downgrade to previous firmware.

We managed to get our Inspire to work today after a weekend of worry but the P3P is still grounded.

No resolution so far. I am taking my P3P to a repair shop to see if i can get help there. Will advise what was found.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z