DJI GO APP MISSING FUNCTIONS

Reaction score
Hello to the community

We just purchased a Pantom 4 and started practicing on it in order to make some filmings in the end of the month

we firt used a cheap tablet for the DJI GO app and noticed that the smoothness of the video transition does not exist. we also noticed that there are some functions of the app which are not availabe

so we bought a new tablet for better performance

Sony Xperia Z3

the image transition still has issues

Is there a way to downscale the video signal we receive in the tablet in order to have a smoother play?
I see in the tutorials and threads that you can customize the transition signal but this function is not available in my menu

I read that some functions may not available anymore. OK
but
there are more functions which seem not to be available which are critical importand and it is impossible to be missing

a list of them

turning file numbering to continious
File Index Mode is missing

choosing bracketing image capture or burst mode etc

impossible to apply advanced camera settings on the custom button

impossible to select a point of interest in order to apply further settings and use the function of making circles around of a subject

i am sure the list will go on as i use the phantom

Is there something that i do wrong?
Is there a policy of location ? We are located in Greece and i read a thread which advices to change the tablet location to USA. this is impossible and ridiculus if true

Is there another version of Go App which i miss?

Is there a solution or the myth of DJI as Best brand Just collapsed?

thank you in advance

I read that some functions may not available anymore. OK
but there are more functions which seem not to be available which are critical import and and it is impossible to be missing

a list of them
turning file numbering to continious
File Index Mode is missing

choosing bracketing image capture or burst mode etc
impossible to apply advanced camera settings on the custom button
impossible to select a point of interest in order to apply further settings and use the function of making circles around of a subject

Is there something that i do wrong?
Yes ... all of those features are still available in the app
None have been lost

Is there another version of Go App which i miss?
No ...just one version

Is there a solution or the myth of DJI as Best brand Just collapsed?
DJI still offer the best ready to fly drones on the market - none of the others have come close yet.

So what may go wrong with the app? Do these apply on the Android version also?
thank you for you response

So what may go wrong with the app? Do these apply on the Android version also?
thank you for you response
They are all there on the Android version.
Try touching MENU above the red shutter button on the screen to find them.

And the continuous/reset file index mode in in the app settings

There is some variation of available option basis which Region settings your idevice/Droid has. At least for one option we know.

- also -
Some options settings are stored IN P4 so not available nor in synch until everything fully connected. We could have maybe added a little tag close to option or grayed it, to highlight option not synch'ed but we can always improve and generally not a problem as all up and running at operation time.

Everything should run smoothly including video stream. Obviously P4 and Go App work best with powerful phone/tablet, with enough available free memory and storage and no process in background eating lot of CPU.

Hope does help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl