DJI GO 2.8.3 out

By its very nature, secret in terms of software means Easter egg type things, not a secret that displays itself for all to see, hence why I find it funny.....
Thanks sir for the reply. Cheers!

If you look in this link of a thread I posted below, someone on post 19th posted a screen shot that says the new app will fix weak transmission across all platforms
Weak Transmission Signal

again click link and look at post #19

@OsoAlso, I've always been able to change my name in GO. This isn't new?

He's talking about the device (drone) name, not the user name. We've always been able to change user name, just not the device name. That was added in the iOS 2.8.2 update, and is not available in Android.

@Oso I was expecting something a lot more ominous (restrictions or the likes).

Also, I've always been able to change my name in GO. This isn't new?

Not all secrets are bad. With DJI, you never know what that box of chocolates holds.

I updated the go app .. Tested it out with my P3P and I got to 8500 feet at 700 altitude.. No loss of transmission or control .. Few low warning messages but quickly went away.. Also the only thing that's different now is the fpv flickers about every 10 seconds never had that before .. Hmm will try flying in another are tomorrow and report back
That's what happened to me when I updated my iPad mini 2 w/wifi to iOS 9.0.1 downgraded back to iOS 8.4.1 & it's been flawless with every DJI GoApp & FW upgrade ever since. I use my iPad exclusively for my P3A only. So the constant notifications I get from Apple to update the iOS is ignored by me & my notification option for auto updating is turned off.

He's talking about the device (drone) name, not the user name. We've always been able to change user name, just not the device name. That was added in the iOS 2.8.2 update, and is not available in Android.

Yeah that's what I thought you guys were talking about.

Any report on P3S fix? I have the same issue video signal drop with 2.8.2 on ios. Just curious whether this has been addressed in 2.8.3. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I updated the go app .. Also the only thing that's different now is the fpv flickers about every 10 seconds never had that before .. Hmm will try flying in another are tomorrow and report back

Flickers the entire flight?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This morning I flew almost 3 km straight out from the backyard today with my totally unmodified (European) Phantom, without dropping a single bar on either the RC or the video link. I got a few momentary red Weak Video Transmission warnings as I turned back home, but I never actually lost the video feed. This seems a lot better than before - in the past I could never push beyond the 2 km mark without the video completely breaking up. Same flight path and same location. So something has changed for the better! :)

//Tom

Last edited:
In the Swedish iTunes app-store it says that it fixes the transmission range for the P3A & P3P as well.
ad83a990ab838831b333a9bfac4fce82.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Although not always mentioned in DJIs descriptions, these updates often affect their entire line of products. I updated yesterday to 2.8.3, didn't take out my P3P however, my Inspire 1 appeared to have improved video and RC link at long distances.

Last edited:
Updated on my p3a...had no video glitching so so far so good...
The 2.7k is fixed
Shame I had to re install app the day before to get 2.7 back lost all my flight records....

...or "use Android".

That's not feasible for me right now the P3P is somewhat useless without FPV.

Any Android users interested in buying my P3P? Has case, 3 batts, and four ND filters. PM me.

DJI says it is the Apple cables. "Not reliable". Anybody know of an alternative to Apple OEM cables??

I suspect the port on your RC that the Apple cable plugs into may be broken. Try a new or known to be functional Apple cable first. If that doesn't fix it, it's the port on the RC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor