DJI GO 2.8.3 out

I just updated to 2.8.3 for my P3A. Strangely, it flew just fine with full video transmission. Someone please contact DJI and ask them what's going on!?!

That's a good thing!! :) Did you even go more than 100 feet away? LOL

My p3a flew even better now after the update. Lol i dont care about the hidden stuff. Now my transmission works flawlessly... easily 2km with full visuals... previously 2km with distorted image coupled with signals that come and go..

Reactions: Numone and Reed L
Just looked at my iPhone6. The update description includes the P3 Pro/Advanced.

Just restarted both iPhone and iPad and checked updates.. Nothing about P3 and DJI rep on the DJI forums is saying was for P4 (the weak transmission issue) only.. So I have no clue at this point. There were P3 people reporting the same issue so I have no idea if this fix took care of them or not.. Seems to be a working drop though, so I guess if there are issues we'll hear about it soon enough.. Again though, DJI is saying P4 only. Try restarting your iPhone and start up the App Store again.. Would be curious to see if you're still seeing something that include P3A and P3P for the transmission weakness issue (not the 2.7K selection issue).

Just restarted both iPhone and iPad and checked updates.. Nothing about P3 and DJI rep on the DJI forums is saying was for P4 (the weak transmission issue) only.. So I have no clue at this point. There were P3 people reporting the same issue so I have no idea if this fix took care of them or not.. Seems to be a working drop though, so I guess if there are issues we'll hear about it soon enough.. Again though, DJI is saying P4 only. Try restarting your iPhone and start up the App Store again.. Would be curious to see if you're still seeing something that include P3A and P3P for the transmission weakness issue (not the 2.7K selection issue).
DJI Go App already updated, so I closed all running apps, went to the app store, and indeed, the P3s are no longer listed for weak transmission issue, only for 2.7K video issue.

This is all I see for the iOS update.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464804156.290341.jpg

So glad you uncovered that secret. Laugh out loud funny.
Not sure why you find it funny, but I'm always happy to help and to entertain.
Just advancing knowledge and transforming lives.

I presume you're not being serious....
Yes, I'm serious. You asked about something that was in 2.8.2 and I gave you an example. It happens to be something that many have wanted for a long time, but oddly not listed as a change implemented. Were you only interested in the bad "secrets?"

I'm honestly curious why you and @0DRK3RT find this funny.

DJI Go App already updated, so I closed all running apps, went to the app store, and indeed, the P3s are no longer listed for weak transmission issue, only for 2.7K video issue.

Bottom line.. If you're on a P3A or P3P, and still having the drop outs, DJI-KEN on DJI Forums is requesting information that he will pass along.. By the same token if you were having the drop outs and 2.8.3 fixed them I guess that's just as good to know..

DJI GO 2.8.3 IOS App has been released !

Yes, I'm serious. You asked about something that was in 2.8.2 and I gave you an example. It happens to be something that many have wanted for a long time, but oddly not listed as a change implemented. Were you only interested in the bad "secrets?"

I'm honestly curious why you and @0DRK3RT find this funny.
By its very nature, secret in terms of software means Easter egg type things, not a secret that displays itself for all to see, hence why I find it funny.....

@Oso I was expecting something a lot more ominous (restrictions or the likes).

Also, I've always been able to change my name in GO. This isn't new?

@Oso I was expecting something a lot more ominous (restrictions or the likes).
Got it, thanks sir.

Also, I've always been able to change my name in GO. This isn't new?
We haven't had the ability to change the names of our Phantoms from its original activation name. It has been requested almost since the first day.

You can see dozens of threads here, but I know one Phantom owner in particular who will be thrilled to finally be able to change the name. In one of the many "why can't we change the name" threads, he told us his son was in trouble for poor grades, so the son activated their Phantom with the name, "Suck my #%}<>~|\{#%>^." The dad was pissed because it was then impossible to change that name. Thankfully now he can if he uses iOS. Soon I'm sure if he uses Android.

Oddly though, DJI didn't list it as an update which is why I noted it as an example of an unannounced change, but I agree that this one wasn't ominous. Cheers!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic