DJI Christmas Email sortof bothered me.

BMW GS? Arguably one of the greatest motorcycle ever made?

maxresdefault.jpg

...'cept for those leaky final drives lol

I understand Christ in Christmas. But I also think that the world's biggest problem today is everybody thinks everything should be so %=&$ politically correct. There are so many touchy people "looking" for something to gripe about. JMHO

Funny, because the "X" seems to be the "politically correct" way to say Christmas. The holiday would not exist, and this conversation would not exist, if it were not for the birth of Jesus CHRIST on December 25th. I think that is all the guy meant.

I honestly think that more people are offended by "x-mas" these days than they they are by hearing "Christmas". Sensitive subject, understandably so... but you're not going to be able to stop people from sending you x-mas greeting cards from an email subscription database.

Symbolically taking Christ out of Christmas bothers me somewhat. Not enough to assume that the person using Xmas is doing so for nefarious purposes. Even less to call them out publicly for it.

If you want your differences to be accepted by others, you need to be accepting of theirs. I really am not concerned by how/what/why you celebrate this season. I am more concerned about the uneventful flying of my P4 and having it return when I press the RTH button or fly it out of range. Thanks for sharing all the drone knowledge and experience.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: stones
I mean I understand that most dji employees are probably Buddhist or atheist which is fine. But if you are going to be sending out a Merry Christmas card have the good taste to spell out Merry Christmas not use the dang X. They spelled it that way 4 times for the email. Then the greeting was weird again or at least it was to me..."Dear Creator" wth?

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year from DJI
all the email are addresses that way

they are calling you and all DJI customers, Creators.
it a term they use describing the creation of videos via the products they sell

Photo devices for aerial and handheld use and editing.
Thus "Creator"

a little thin skinned maybe?
lighten up and don't "LOOK" for "insults"
real ones are plentiful!

good luck and have fun flying!

Last edited:
Heh, if this seriously bothered you I feel bad. There is a lot of other more important things to get upset about in life.

I think religious holidays should be outlawed. Religion has been the cause of most wars and has killed millions of people. Let's dump christmas, easter, and st. what-the-hell's day.

There is a long history of of using X. "X means Christ". The first letter of the Greek name for Christ (Christos) is translated into our alphabet as an "X". The Greeks had no "X" in their alphabet at that time.
There is no disrespect.
It seems the Chinese actually got it right.
Just to add a little more to your comment. The first letter of Christ's name does begin with "X", but it's not pronounced as an "x" as it is in English. It's pronounced "chi" - the greek here for Christ, "Ch-ristos," is not X-ristos (using an english pronunciation 'x'). You are right when you say it has been used that way in the past, however, and many Christians today who think it is meant to be a shot across the bow at the event are unaware of the past usage.

I have heard of those but it never happened to anyone i knew with a GS. the only issue I ever had in the ten years that I had mine was the clutch slave cylinder went out. At 96k miles the cam chain rail failed - the bike ran fine minus the cam chain flopping all over the inside of the case.
Had I been retired at the time, I would have torn the bike down and rebuilt it but I had a newborn back then and had to just sell it and get something else.

That bike we an absolute tank. It was hit twice - totaled twice and didnt seem to care too much. I miss it every single day

Who the hell cares! You get the point don't you? They wish us a merry Xmas and you complain about the way they spell it? Dang you must be bored

It would be like getting upset that someone emailed or texted you "lol" instead of "laugh out loud".. LOL

I think your thinking wayyy to hard into a little XMAS cheer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard that some of them did that, but I never had an issue and none of my other buddies did to my knowledge.

the only issue I had in 96k miles was the clutch slave cylinder failed...well that and that cam chain rail failed. The bike ran fine aside from the cam chain slapping against the case.

Had I been retired at the time I would have just rebuilt the bike but since I had a newborn, I just needed to sell it and get something else.

there's not a week that passes that I dont miss that bike. It was tough as nails and there's almost nothing it wouldn't do

CIMG1190_zpsacfeb022.jpg

Chinese doesn't translate to English very well at all & vice versa. I have a close friend who is from China, she's been in US for a few years. Her English is amusing to put it mildly. Some get very annoyed when she doesn't say things like we would. She tells me that the Chinese language doesn't have quite a few English words & sentence structure is different.

At least they were trying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart