DJI China misappropriated DJI North America's biz in total

Re: DJI China misappropriated DJI North America's biz in tot

Considering the disgraceful conduct of China, in it's attitude to many aspects of civilized society...( animal welfare, human rights, property rights, shark finning) this seems like normal behavior for them. I, for one, am buying a non DJI UAV.
The only way to change the behavior of China is with our $$$.

Some of you should really think thru what you are saying before you post it.

So those boycotting DJI products because of this are therefore not going to buy from Colin's company if he is successful in his suit? That really makes sense!

Those that were quick to vilify Colin since he's an ungrateful, lowly, employee who dared challenge/betray a righteous corporate benefactor? I mean, corporations never screw people over, right?

China, as a nation, if just looking for ways to cheat greedy Americans, right? You might think they have a different sensibility about intellectual property than we do? Surely it's not racist to label an entire nation over this incident, is it?

So the world we live in is black and white! There is always one right party and always one wrong party. You are either good or you are evil! Shades of gray is for suckers! Certainly since accusations are made in writing, by a fancy, expensive lawyer, they must be true, huh? Judges in Texas are always impartial and would never, ever rule in favor of a local over those shifty, cheating foreigners!

LOL!

Let's just remember this is a business dispute. I'm slightly uncomfortable at some of the language that's started appearing - crass cultural/racial stereotyping doesn't really make anyone look good.

(But I did have a smile at the irony of selecting human rights and animal cruelty in today's China for criticism bearing in mind the racially segregationist policies in the US not so long ago and the current legality of pack hound hunting - just saying!)

If you don't like DJI's business practices (bearing in mind there hasn't been a judgement yet) that's one thing, but I think the sweeping statements need to be tempered a little.

'Cept of course hunting with hounds is illegal over here now, even if you are a Tory. However hunting Tories might be allowed...

But you reinforce my point for me - let she/he/countries without sin cast the first stone? Or something like that.
("Beard, madam?" for the Monty Python fans...)

[quote="CunningStuntFlyer"

("Well, she turned me into a newt!" for the MP fans)[/quote]

You're not a newt now.

Ah, but I didn't cast the first one, therefore by international political convention I am able to denigrate everyone else who cast before me, even if my subsequent stone was much bigger (or was actually two with points, two flats and a packet of gravel).

Tally ho.

LeoS said:
@gunslinger: last page of the court document...

FXo4bY2.png

Thanks for posting that Leo, I hadn't looked over the list yet. Just off the top of my head I notice that Aerial Media Pro's and IntelligentUAS aren't listed. Maybe they were dealers pre-Colin.

CunningStuntFlyer said:
LeoS said:
No problemo..

I wonder how can they enforce that rule?
That everyone on the list has to send in their current inventory list... then what? How would they monitor subsequent sales\purchases of DJI products?

Sounds like legalese with no practical way to enforce it..

You do not understand the injunction. No where does it require "everyone on the list" to send in their current inventory.

The injunction prevents DJI from soliciting UAV products and accessories to the list, selling products to the list, and accepting orders from the list.

And you don't understand the difference between giving orders and enforcing them.

OI Photography said:
LeoS said:
@gunslinger: last page of the court document...

FXo4bY2.png

Thanks for posting that Leo, I hadn't looked over the list yet. Just off the top of my head I notice that Aerial Media Pro's and IntelligentUAS aren't listed. Maybe they were dealers pre-Colin.

Let's hope so.
They could be parallel importers too? At this point, I'm sure dji themselves would encourage parallel imports :p

Keep in mind that the injunction is against DJI HK, NOT the dealers. The dealers are free to do whatever they want, including buying from the gray market, other distributors, etc.

rmklaw said:
Keep in mind that the injunction is against DJI HK, NOT the dealers. The dealers are free to do whatever they want, including buying from the gray market, other distributors, etc.

If they're exclusive distributors, then they're bound to only purchase dji products from dji hk themselves/approved channels.
Any idea how injunction like this is enforced? By blacklisting dji and other known entities at the custom?

Empire Hobby has many associated dealers, and seems unaffected by this injunction,
and it appears that they carry many DJI products and parts: http://www.empirerc.com/

So, it would appear that the DJI products will continue to be readily available, right?

For those, like myself, that bought a Phantom 2 Vision from a dealer on the list,
will we continue to get support and warranty services?

Anybody with insight or experience on that issue yet?

wincrasher said:
Some of you should really think thru what you are saying before you post it.

So those boycotting DJI products because of this are therefore not going to buy from Colin's company if he is successful in his suit? That really makes sense!

Those that were quick to vilify Colin since he's an ungrateful, lowly, employee who dared challenge/betray a righteous corporate benefactor? I mean, corporations never screw people over, right?

China, as a nation, if just looking for ways to cheat greedy Americans, right? You might think they have a different sensibility about intellectual property than we do? Surely it's not racist to label an entire nation over this incident, is it?

So the world we live in is black and white! There is always one right party and always one wrong party. You are either good or you are evil! Shades of gray is for suckers! Certainly since accusations are made in writing, by a fancy, expensive lawyer, they must be true, huh? Judges in Texas are always impartial and would never, ever rule in favor of a local over those shifty, cheating foreigners!

LOL!

Tried writing my own retort but your comments can't be improved upon. Like your style... now if only some of it would sink in ;)

MedX172 said:
GMANNZ said:
Sort of still cracks me up with this stuff ... Essentially China has covered the US and other countries in little flying hi-tech drones with cameras and seems all anyone is worried about is money ???? ... I love this stuff. :twisted:

Don't worry, tin foil hats not only ward off alien abductions, they're good at scrambling the transmissions of the drones reporting back to their mothership ;)
:lol: :lol: Very funny indeed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl