DJI Care: What do you do after you get your repair quote?

Reaction score
What do you do when you receive the automated message that says, "Here is your repair quote" and and it has a balance of $0.00 because it's all covered under your DJI Care - but the repair page says, "Awaiting payment"?

N00b question - forgive me

OK, but that seems inefficient doesn't it? You'd think they would simply begin repairs or provide a pair of links, Click here to proceed with covered repairs and click here to not repair

Listening to piano music on hold ...

OK... the woman on the phone seemed like she had no idea what to do. "Well, as soon as they receive payment confirmation they'll continue." Ma'am, it's DJI Care paid for, it says "Payment due: 0.00"
Yes, so, as soon as they confirm your paypal payment they'll begin work. For laughs and giggles I decide to click on the included "Payment Links" in the e-mail and I get this Error 404 page:
asdf.png

It's an error 404 page with "warm tips" for me lol

So, I guess... I just hope that they begin repairs immediately since I have a zero balance payment due... didn't give me the warm and fuzzies :(

If it reads " $0.00" , the next step , at least with mine it was , it was repaired & then shipped . I believe just a process of stages & they are informing you as soon as its determined its paid for by DJI Care , it goes to the next stage , repair .

If it reads " $0.00" , the next step , at least with mine it was , it was repaired & then shipped . I believe just a process of stages & they are informing you as soon as its determined its paid for by DJI Care , it goes to the next stage , repair .

There is no stage "repair" it goes from "quote" to "repaired"
So, it's in limbo now...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well, I got the emails that's say it's been repaired and then being shipped.

Both serial numbers on the aircraft and gimbal have changed. - sounds like I'm getting a refurbished P4 back.

I had the exact thing happen to me. When I called them they had no clue and said once they received payment they would complete repair and send it back. Thing is, there was no payment - it was covered under warranty. I was told the same thing twice by two different reps before getting it resolved. After over a month after sending my P4 in I finally got one back - just not the same one I sent them. Why does it take a month if they're not even fixing it? If all they're going to do is send you a refurb you think turnaround time would be very quick. They're definitely lacking seriously in customer service. I hope they get it figured out. Something to remember if they send you a refurb you'll have to go back onto the FAA website, register that drone with the new serial number (pay $5.00), and then cancel your old drone registration. Also, if you're a 107 operator and applied for a waiver I assume you'll have to contact the FAA and add this new serial number to the waiver. Major pain... Good luck with your repairs!

They may say they have the right to send you a refurbished one , but they don't . I can see a brand new one because it was damaged beyond repair , but a refurbished one , no way . I wouldn't stand for it , because you have no idea what your getting . Could have more or different issues then the one you sent in .
I think they have a couple of Tech's refurbishing them & have them ready to swap out to save time , but I wouldn't stand for it , unless they asked specifically if I was OK with it .
I would demand my drone back or a new one , of course if yours was so broken up , you don't mind , but they should still ask .

I don't have DJI care on my P3P, but they gave me an RMA when my camera will not send video feed and it was repaired in 2 days after they received it (they paid for shipping both ways). They replaced the camera without charge, this was about 8 months old. Not happy that the video transmission failed so early, but pleased with repair service.

Just wanted to follow up and say: Good Job DJI - everything on my repairs have gone exactly as they said it would. One was minor and under DJI care and very quickly solved at zero cost to me.

The other was a non-warranty, I messed up really bad crash. Frankly I looked and thought: total write off.

Well, they paid shipping both ways ($45+) even though I'm at fault and, surprise, the total repair cost (shipped): $302. Wow! They could easily have gouged me, the most expensive individual part was $12, the motors were only $11. They charged 2 x $65 for "service" (repair work itself, I assume). I was prepared for a $500+ bill and this is a relief. I plan to sell this one and put what I get towards my Mavic Pro (with DJI care, of course)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl