DJI BAD EXPERIENCE!!!

Reaction score
After an issue where my controller wouldn't communicate with my bird, and having a problem downloading an update, So it was sent to CA for repairs.

Firstly, Just try to contact them, Better luck contacting your Governor!

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: [email protected]
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support

All B.S. here's my bill : notice the DOUBLE REPAIR SERVICE fees! No mention of diagnostics...nothing but an inflated bill. Support??? there is none but a friendly Philippian worker doing their personal best. BEWARE, I don't about all their 'repair centers', but the one in CA seems very crooked to me!
DJI.png

Sorry you had to deal with a repair situation. For what it's worth, I think that invoice shows 2 hours of labor at $65 per hour (not double repair service). Of course I have no idea of how long that service actually takes but I suppose diagnosing the issue plus replacing the middle chassis and 3-in-1 board could take that long. I hope your bird flies perfectly now!

It does seem to be padded with extra fees to make it look good. However, they'll probably just replace your unit with one of their refurbs or even a new one at their wholesale price. Good luck, but it's DJI so fingers crossed too!

Fwiw, seems like once the repair costs hits half the price of a new one they are playing the "Gotcha game." I'm not crazy about their overall business ethics game plan though. Cheap quality (i.e. Cracking plastics, DOA batteries, poor camera sensor alignment, bad color tints in Inspire series, bad I2 prop wobbles, motors coming off the I2 glue joints failures, etc.). Plus their faulty software/firmware updates that take forever for them to address which lead to "Out of warranty" case$ $ooner for even more ca$h out of everyone$ wallet.

Reactions: K Henry
I had a crash last week, got a return slip sent to me, sent it in on Friday, got my estimate Tuesday, $249, a lot of pieces. But the labor was 2 hours, which I think is a minimum charge, so $130 for labor and $119 for parts, no shipping charges either way!
So, I don't know, seems like they are doing pretty good on repairs, but I wont know until I get it back and fly it.

Sorry you had to deal with a repair situation. For what it's worth, I think that invoice shows 2 hours of labor at $65 per hour (not double repair service). Of course I have no idea of how long that service actually takes but I suppose diagnosing the issue plus replacing the middle chassis and 3-in-1 board could take that long. I hope your bird flies perfectly now!

UPDATE: THEY KNOCKED OFF $73,
(10%). I KNOW THAT I CAN BE stubborn AT TIMES, sometimes you need to be... And I'll give credit to the nice Philippine fellow who help convey my case! Thanks, Eric 718....

I am asking for a guarantee that it will perform flawlessly, and return all parts.

it seems like that no matter what you have done at DJI they are going to quote you a 2 hour fee.
I don’t think that’s out of line.. they can probably unbox, diagnose and finish many minor repairs in two hours.

I haven’t had to use DJI for repairs, I’ve heard lots of complaints but that’s common too, on internet boards. And since this is more than a hobby for me, (but still less than a business) I found a used Mavic Fly more combo and a spare P4AA aircraft so that should one go down, I’m not dependent upon an unknown quantity for timely repairs or replacement. I’m also insured State Farm and I’m told they’re very quick to respond in the event of a crash.

Glad things seem to be working out for the OP.

You needed a middle frame and a new controller? Are you sure a linking/firmware update gone sideways was the only issue here?

We only know what we are told....that's always a problem, no way to know.
What happened to the controller? Coincidence...? Reputation...non existant.
..honesty lost!
I .thought these guys were on the up and up....who knows..?

UPDATE: THEY KNOCKED OFF $73,
(10%). I KNOW THAT I CAN BE stubborn AT TIMES, sometimes you need to be... And I'll give credit to the nice Philippine fellow who help convey my case! Thanks, Eric 718....

I am asking for a guarantee that it will perform flawlessly, and return all parts.

I remember in my days as an auto mechanic, I had tons of distrustful customers ask to give them back the parts i replaced. I never understood that, why theyd want broken dirty stuff that couldve been tossed for them. Most had no idea what they were looking at anyway. Amazing how many of them got mad when i wouldnt give them free towels to wrap their old greasy tie rods in, and then they actually had to touch them. Guess some people always think theyre being screwed, in every way possible.

I said that to say this. Its incredibly hard to work in a service-oriented industry that pertains to a technically advanced machine, already. The harder you make it, the longer and harder it gets to return your equipment. And DJI is very capable of dragging their feet. Trust those folks, 2hrs labor is pretty standard for such a complicated machine. Hope you get back in the air quickly and painlessly

Reactions: bad karma
I remember in my days as an auto mechanic, I had tons of distrustful customers ask to give them back the parts i replaced. I never understood that, why theyd want broken dirty stuff that couldve been tossed for them. Most had no idea what they were looking at anyway. Amazing how many of them got mad when i wouldnt give them free towels to wrap their old greasy tie rods in, and then they actually had to touch them. Guess some people always think theyre being screwed, in every way possible.

I said that to say this. Its incredibly hard to work in a service-oriented industry that pertains to a technically advanced machine, already. The harder you make it, the longer and harder it gets to return your equipment. And DJI is very capable of dragging their feet. Trust those folks, 2hrs labor is pretty standard for such a complicated machine. Hope you get back in the air quickly and painlessly

Thanks for that...I live in another world than you it would seem. Trust went out the window when they took God from our lives. (as taught in our colleges everywhere) Dishonesty abounds. People become dishonest when they are treated that way. I do not trust anyone who will not prove it either by experience or by checking to see if the work done is warranted and done expeditiously. In your world you would have no checks and balances, I am too old for that crap. Everything needs to be up front. The 'mechanics' at DJI are only human.
. My son is a successful mechanic, the stories I've heard...
So...my trusting fly-friend, I do appreciate your input, but I'm sorry to say that sometimes it's us against those who would abscond with our money. "Eyes open...with no fear!)
They've come down by 10%, why is that? Of course I want the control box back, helps to keep folks honest. To many sheep in the world today. Too many wolves in the world today.

Given that you're most likely to get a refurb out of their pile, I doubt asking for parts would do any good as they could supply anything from their pile too. No doubt the time is their standard too no matter if they work on yours or not. Toss it on the pile and ship out a refurb to you, and get to yours whenever.

Personally, I think they should repair the owner's original. Many have said the one they get back is less pristine looking than the one sent in. No doubt DJI gives the better looking ones to their online sales (factory refurbished) website along with a better warranty than the serviced/refurb drone out of their pile gets.

You're probably right. I'll know, but to what end. the old controller has a new antennae array in place of the stock one...one reason I want it back. Thanks for the frank response, Keith

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor