Looking for Help/Suggestions - Problems

Reaction score
So about 2 months ago I purchased a refurb P4 from Best Buy Canada for my wife. I had previously purchased a P4. There was not a mark on it when I got it, and the peel off plastic was all over it. She used an ipad Air to view video and all software was up to date.

She only flew it about 10 times, never crashed, or hit anything. From about the 3rd or 4th flight it would disconnect, when it was still very close. Rebooting the controller usually reconnected it. The disconnections got more frequent, and yesterday just after taking off it disconnected, and would not reconnect. It could still be controlled with the controller and landed safely.

I tried to fly it since then and as it boots up I get the "No image transmission" message. It goes to ready and can be taken off but quickly disconnects.

I sent a message to DJI as despite being a refurb, the unit still has a 1 year warranty. Here is the response:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We’re very sorry to hear about the trouble that you have had with your DJI Product. Please try the following steps to get this issue resolve:

1. Re-format the SD card.

MAC

Connect the SD card to your computer by using an external card reader.

Open Disk Utility. ...Find the SD card in the left side of the window.

Click the ERASE tab in the middle of the window.Next, click on the “Format” dropdown menu.

WINDOWS

Open up the 'Computer' window by pressing Windows key + E on your keyboard.

Your SD card should be displayed in the 'Devices with Removable Storage' section.

Right-click on your SD card to bring up the right-click menu options.

Select Format.

2. Use a different class 10 SD card.
3. Use a different cable.
4. Use a different mobile device.

If the issue still persist, please do let us know.

Should you have any other concern/inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,

Kristell
DJI TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)
Online Support: DJI Support - Here for You

I tried a different ipad, card, cord, etc, no difference. I sent them a message advising of this - no response as yet.

Any suggestions on anything else I can try.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen