DJI admitted GO app issues on iOS 9

did some body tried the iOS 9.0.1 with the dji go, the lag issue is it still there ???

did some body tried the iOS 9.0.1 with the dji go, the lag issue is it still there ???
I have updated to iOS 9.0.1 on both my Mini2 and my iPhone 6+, and haven't seen any change in the red arrow staying stuck at the launch point during flight log playbacks. My Mini 2 and my iPhone 6+ both still seem a little laggy on all apps, but I fly my P3P with my Air 2, and it is staying on iOS 8.4.1 for now, and, on it, the red arrow still leads the flight path during flight log playback!:cool:

Reactions: Nizar Ghosn
No doubt Apple marketing is confusing if not misleading. But I wouldn't go so far to say the Air 2 should be the first choice in all cases. If for no other reason, there will be those who prefer the smaller form factor in which case the mini fits the bill assuming DJI and/or Apple fix the issues.

Reactions: Nizar Ghosn
The mini I tried got hot enough to call it Hell No... Not for me.
I traded it up to the iPad Air 2 64GB Cellular and never looked back.
As the Air 2 has that metal heat sink, mine remains cool, even after 4 consecutive flight batteries worth of 'Air time'... ;-)
The over heating issue certainly caused other problems and shut downs for some users.
I continue to fly trouble free, using the latest firmware, Go app and now iOS 9.0.1. Still having fun.

RedHotPoker

iPad Air 9.0.1 P3P latest FW. No problem here. everything nice except flight log replay red arrow staying put.

Reactions: jryser
No doubt Apple marketing is confusing if not misleading. But I wouldn't go so far to say the Air 2 should be the first choice in all cases. If for no other reason, there will be those who prefer the smaller form factor in which case the mini fits the bill assuming DJI and/or Apple fix the issues.

I believe I stated, "but when upgrading from any Mini, the iPad Air 2 should be the first choice, unless there is a reason to compromise." A preference for a smaller form factor could be such a reason. However, with the trend to include more information on the screen, with multiple windows on other 3rd party flying apps, that compromise may be very limiting, as it still can never overcome the lack of a heat sink and a 33% loss in processing power needed for complex flying algorithms.

DJI finally admitted and announced DJI GO app with compatibility issues on iOS 9. Unfortunately, there is no further details about what sort of "minor" compatibility issues so far.
12001039_627851637317646_662195035074612764_o.png

DJI Forum|DJI GO for iOS9

Tried to find downgrade to iOS 8.4.1 but don't know where to find the info of how to do it.

I'm on an iP6+ and all is fine until around 10 minutes into flight. Then lag and video dropouts. I'm thinking the new OS and DJI are using more CPU cycles and causing the phone to heat up more than before. Even in 70*f temps the phone is getting quite a bit hotter than 8.4.1. Hopefully Apple will still be signing it when I get home so I can get back.
Exactly the same problem here with an IPAD Mini, went to IOS9 and started to get the IPAD VERY hot after 10min of flight, then the streaming pixelated, then very low refresh rate, unusable... Started to use Autoflight Logic and finally got a message saying something like the video stream crashed.
Went back to IOS 8.4.1, and strangely started to get the same streaming problems on first flight, but apparently back to normal on a couple of other flight... Unsure now on how much all of that is due to DJI Go, and how much to IOS (probably most of it)

I also will wait on IOS 9 until any bugs are worked out of the GO app, I use the iPad Air 2 just for the P3 and mapping and Mail on the road, and my 6+ for everything else. I have never had an issue with any of the P3 updates so far but I will play it safe and wait.

Hmmmmm........now there's your problem.....
:p;)

@Erroll,
Yes, it's been an ongoing concern from day one over here. ;-)
Like, When will My great fortune of luck and pure happiness wear out? We've Been so blessed, and feel bad for the rest...

RedHotPoker

Tried to find downgrade to iOS 8.4.1 but don't know where to find the info of how to do it.

EDIT: With the release of iOS 9.02 on September 30, Apple stopped signing off on iOS 8.4.1. Users can no longer upgrade or downgrade to those versions of iOS using iTunes.

Read this entire post before just clicking the links and starting.

The downgrade is relatively easy, but if you have no idea what you are doing around Apple devices or computers, then with respect it's probably best to just wait a few weeks for iOS 9.1 and the new GO app. Hopefully they play well together for most people.

To downgrade from 9.0 or 9.01, you need a copy of the Apple operating system. It's an ipsw file. I got mine here because I wanted 8.4.1. Note that some computers might show the downloaded file as a zip file. If yours does, don't unzip it. Just change your folder settings to show file extensions if they are not showing already, and then change the extension from .zip to .ipsw
Download iOS 8.4.1 Final For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch [IPSW Links] | Redmond Pie

Just scroll down and use the link for your device. The ipsw file (iOS) is large file, so it will take a long time to download. Do not try to download the file to your mobile device. Download to a computer desktop or laptop.

Note: most people will have previously backed up their device on 8.4.1 before they upgraded to 9.0. If you did not previously back up while on 8.4.1 and you have a jail broken device, the downgrade might work more smoothly for you (less chance of app or data loss) if you instead downloaded the ipsw file that matches the iOS you were on when you last did a backup. That way it's easier to restore if you need to restore once you downgrade from 9.0. You can't restore from a backup done on a newer iOS to a device with an older iOS which you will have once you downgrade from 9.0 to something else. If you do not already have a backup done on 8.4.1, do a google search for the ipsw (iOS) version you need to match your latest backup. Using an iOS older than 8.4.1 only works if you have a jail broken device since Apple currently only signs off on 8.4.1 and later. Non jail broken devices can still downgrade to 8.4.1 but nothing older.

Once you have the ipsw file that matches your latest backup, follow directions from here. There are always risks, so I recommend this site because it mentions the warnings that other sites don't always mention.
How to Downgrade from iOS 9 Back to iOS 8.4.1 | OSXDaily

It is very fast after the large ipsw file downloads. Of course, things are different for everyone so be careful okay.

Last note: this only works as long as Apple continues to sign off on 8.4.1. That is the oldest they currently sign off on, and they can stop signing off on it at any time in the next couple of weeks. After they stop signing off on 8.4.1, you won't be able to downgrade from 9.0 or 9.01 unless you have a jail broken device.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and Farmer
We need a place on the Forum for Notices like this to be posted so everyone sees them.:cool::cool:

ok ok so here it is: I use a iPad air 2 64g on board with a type B RC on a DJI phantom 3 pro .. 64g SanDisk micro card in the camera for a hobby sUAS .. I consider this cutting edge technologies .. so I stay cutting edge .. so I always run the latest updates on all my hobby sUAS`s.. this is my testing equipment / ground .. on the business sUAS`s I stay with 1 upgrade back for some time or until testing is complete to keep stability with all computer and video support equipment .. because I am cutting edge only with DJI`s help I try to help all pilots in here with constructive comments .. that being said I have had 0 FLIGHT issues on the hobby sUAS so I will be upgrading the business sUAS`s tonight for next weeks scheduled work because of the waypoints and other GREAT features in the latest upgrade .. the log has the only glitch in this upgrade for me the red icon does not move in the flight log on play back.. that is acceptable with the insurance company I use and FAA flight control staff that I work with .. my side note .. we never use children as / for test pilots in the US but we have been known to use dogs and monkeys with good results and some of the comments I have read in this form has proved this to be a smart or more productive choice .. I fly with no worries because of my support team (see Links) .. this post is to help all sUAS pilots.. nothing more nothing less .. just-say-in ...!!! ;-)

Links: had to be removed because staff said I was advertising .. I know many of us sUAS pilots are looking for alternatives to sending our birds back to DJI and or a quicker turn around and a way to keep repair costs down .. but we can`t share that kind of info .. we can only share what the staff allows .. sorry about that I did not see it as advertising because I don`t make a dime from my support team they just supply a service .. was just trying to help pilots that were asking for options to get back in the air .. I get my birds fixed in 5 days or less and it never cost more than $239.00 a year for Phantom 3 pro.. I thought my fellow sUAS pilots would like to have that info .. I was just trying to help the many that are in a panic because they have crashed or afraid to fly because they may crash...???...my side note .. I hope they can get the site back to working good again .. maybe if they had more time to work on the call-ups it would not take three tries to post or refresh the screen

Last edited:
iOS 9 no issues. Totally understand that different devices have different results. Hope things smooth out for you.

It seems A7 devices are experiencing the lag issues with iOS 9.

I have an iPad Air (1st gen), and it lagged all over the show, downgraded back to 8.4.1

For those who don't know how to downgrade, go here

How to downgrade your iPhone or iPad from iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1

I downloaded the ISPW file from your link as a zip folder and unzipped it with WinRAR. The problem I have is the is no ISPW file with in zip file for the iPhone 6 plus. Am I missing something?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl