DJI admitted GO app issues on iOS 9

DJI finally admitted and announced DJI GO app with compatibility issues on iOS 9. Unfortunately, there is no further details about what sort of "minor" compatibility issues so far.

I have not yet updated to IOS 9 but yesterday, flying my P3P with iPad Air, I experienced multiple in-flight disconnects from the aircraft (one as long as 11 seconds). I put it in return to home and when it got close to landing site (with several tall obstacles nearby) I attempted to cancel RTH so I could land manually. But I could not cancel RTH and the bird kept descending. I was able to override the decent with the stick while trying to steer to an unobstructed spot but it was a close call. Anyone experienced these multiple disconnects?

I also got a mini 4 with iOS 9 already installed. Have no lag issues but sometimes the pixels lag, kind of a ghosting effect.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Hope DJI GO is not affecting by XcodeGhost (malicious version of Xcode), which potentially affects more than 500 million iOS users.
What You Need to Know About iOS Malware XcodeGhost

OMG .. we hope DJI has developer original version of XCode ... o_O

Just for a remark for ipad air, I had weird video lag with ios9 only when I switch off cellular data. If it is switched on, no issue.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I'll await my new P3P purchase until the update is released for my iPad Air.

It's for this, as well as for any Android-related problems that pop up, that I have multiple tablets for flying my P3P. My primary tablet is an iPad Mini 2 (Verizon), which is a P3P-dedicated tablet, but I also have a Nexus 7 LTE ready for use as my primary backup. If I ever have any problems with both the iPad Mini 2 AND Nexus 7 LTE, there's always a second iPad Mini 2 (Wi-Fi), Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition, Wi-Fi), and Samsung Galaxy S6 available. When it comes to flying choices, I like having as many options as possible. Once I receive my Asus ZenPad S 8.0 Z580CA-C, that will replace the Nexus 7 LTE as the primary backup tablet...but the N7 will still be available, if needed.

Reactions: Reed L
I updated my iPad mini 2 cellular the day iOS 9 came out. I experienced major lag at ranges less than 30m. I have rolled back to iOS 8.4.1 and am lag free again.

My own fault for upgrading immediately and not waiting for compatibly checks.

If you haven't upgraded I would wait or ensure you have backed up your device in case you need to roll back.

Can you tell me how to get back to 8.4.1 I goofed up and it upgraded to Ios 9. Thx Al

yes DJI confirmed problem with iOS 9 "iPad mini3 iOS 9 lots of lag and shoppy streaming, i flew with the same iPad on iOS 8.4.1 it works like a charm ... so, the iOS 9 has some glitches to be repaired later ... again, and at the same evening iPhone 5s iOS 8.4.1 works super great so, i downgraded my mini 3 to the 8.4.1 tried again and it's super great ... bird and rc the latest firmware", fly safe

FWIW I had the latest version of Go running on my iPad min2 with all beta versions of iOS 9 and had no issues then the first time I started the app using my iPhone 6 with the release version of iOS 9 yesterday it crashed and rebooted my phone. Second time it flew fine on using the phone following the reboot.

It was actually a pixel issue - like when the iPad gets hot. Anyway it's fine as of now. I usually consider lag to the the time between moving in front of the camera and seeing it on the screen. I actually have less lag as of today at least - than I do in my iPad Air. That one is about 150ms, this one is less.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Reactions: Take Flight
My lag and disconnecting came after the firmware update. 7 days before iOS 9. I'm on a iPhone 6+
I'm having the same issues with lag and disconnect since I updated my iPhone 6. Hopefully they will have an update soon.

Only issue was very fist time it crashed. Ever since then its been fine. Does have me concerned that it might crash in flight though now :(
I have actually had my iPad Air2 completely reboot in midflight, while still on 8.4, so keep your wits about you, and realize that the transmitter is still in full control, as long as your RC light is still green. If it is red, your bird is already on its way back to you. Be patient. Either the bird will come back or the iPad will reboot and you can relaunch DJI GO and resume where you left off. Tip: top off your batteries before you fly. You may need that extra 4-6% to get home safely, in the event of a tablet glitch!:cool:

Reactions: Oso and Mike Mauk
I'm on an iP6+ and all is fine until around 10 minutes into flight. Then lag and video dropouts. I'm thinking the new OS and DJI are using more CPU cycles and causing the phone to heat up more than before. Even in 70*f temps the phone is getting quite a bit hotter than 8.4.1. Hopefully Apple will still be signing it when I get home so I can get back.

You guys need to look deeper under the hood. Flight Logs lose all location info, replaced by Map Loading, and the red aircraft icon never leaves the launch point any more, during flight playback. There are issues, even if minor, on all iOS 9.0 devices after syncing the Flight Logs. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20