DISPROVEN: Drone Collides with Passenger Airline

100 read the about the strike on the plane as it makes front page headlines.
2 weeks later, only 3 read in the sports section in tiny print that it was NOT a drone strike.
All too late.

Mistakes can happen. Just last week-end I happened to meet a fellow drone pilot with a Phantom 4. After a look and chat about some of his previous flights over the River Clyde area with no problems concerning range and being over water, he demonstrated an impressively fast take-off and climb to over a fair sized hill opposite. My old blearies lost track but found the bird on the homeward track .... literally ...
The 'bird' had sprouted wings. Bloody seagull!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes, mistakes do happen. Thankfully mine's was a bit of a laugh. (True)
Hopefully the admission to a structural failure will stop the media jumping on the "Blame-a-Drone" bandwagon! It was the same sort of thing regarding escaped pet snakes a short time ago. An escaped python would be blamed for eating everything from dogs to missing children, only for the dog to resurrect and return home after a couple of nights on the jollies and genuine evidence of human, not reptile, dirty deeds regarding 2 (twins) children found dead with an escaped python lying in their bed!
A tragic story but it is the sort of thing that the Red Tops (scandal sheets) thrive on for headlines. They have given up on reptiles and giant spider yarns after being disproved and shown by experts to be talking crap. Drones are having to go through the same until the rags move on to the next imagined threat to society!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I was suspicious from the start. A drone would have to be huge to collide with the entire airline! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl