Display distortion

Reaction score
Hi every body.
Dose anyone know what is the cause for distortion and this line on display while flying?
I appreciate your kind help.
341b2d744bbbea3a46874e52bde44cdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Could be a number of things.
Interference from nearby towers.
You are flying at the end of the Tx range.
Your video settings, try lowering them and your bitrate in the transmission settings.
Your Tx orientation wrt the quad.

Reactions: Saeed Sadeqin
Check your memory card, I've seen this happening to DSLRs when you use certain types of memory cards. If it's an approved card, format it.

what firmware are you using - both controller and craft

***** Edit: just took mine out for a flight after upgrading to the latest f/w (rc still at 1.6) and got the same video glitches but only while the craft was on the ground. Once it took off video was perfect.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem with mine I have a lot of video interference I fly the Phantom 4. Hopefully you will get a response to this I have tried everything to kill the problem with no luck. I just recently purchased a brand new as micro SD card approved for the Phantom 4. If you happen to hear of a reasonable Solution please pass it on to me as it is very frustrating while I am videoing then bring the raw footage down to try and make something decent I cannot because of all the interference lines that have been recorded.

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app

I cannot because of all the interference lines that have been recorded.
If you have glitches with the recorded video then there is an issue with the camera system.I'm talking about glitches in the live video fees which obviously won't be recorded.

Did you get the video from the card and is it fast enough (minimum class 10). Try using another card?

Many thanks to all.
1-My memory card is the one came with drone.
2-I used Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, same problem for both, indeed recently I got an iphone7 plus but I have not tried it yet.
Hope this one will solve the issue.
Milkman i will inform you if I find a solution, you do inform me too!

Many thanks to all.
1-My memory card is the one came with drone.
2-I used Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, same problem for both, indeed recently I got an iphone7 plus but I have not tried it yet.
Hope this one will solve the issue.
Milkman i will inform you if I find a solution, you do inform me too!

I think you will find the iPhone will give you more joy. Maybe a personal thing but I have had zero issues with it and the dji go4 app. You will still have pixelating issues due to interference from a range of issues that can be overcome with good antenna orientation and using height as your friend. I shut down any other apps that may be running and reduce my bitrate to 4mbps in the transmission settings and film in 4K.

Thanks a lot tevek.
Actually I close all my apps and shut down data and all in airplane mode.
My height with that issue was not more that 100m. My flight path was also clean and clear. Is it possible to be kind of interference by other objects like cables, towers and other transmitters around?

Quite possibly. Have you tried flying in a different location?

Yes indeed it happened in different location. I did factory data reset to my new Samsung galaxy s2 still the same...(even landed with no propellers just connected to the bird with engine on could see glitches) But tonight I tried with my new iPhone 7 Plus(recommended on a forum) and it seems I don't have the same issue of glitches with iPhone. I will try more with iPhone next days and I report all here.
Thanks a lot, be tuned.

Quite possibly. Have you tried flying in a different location?

Yes indeed it happened in different location. I did factory data reset to my new Samsung galaxy s2 still the same...(even landed with no propellers just connected to the bird with engine on could see glitches) But tonight I tried with my new iPhone 7 Plus(recommended on a forum) and it seems I don't have the same issue of glitches with iPhone. I will try more with iPhone next days and I report all here.
Thanks a lot, be tuned.

The GS2 is quite old and isn't a particularly powerful phone which may be the source of your issues, especially if an iphone 7 works ok.

The GS2 is quite old and isn't a particularly powerful phone which may be the source of your issues, especially if an iphone 7 works ok.

Thank you but I mean Samsung galaxy tablet s 2.
By the way I understood that what I see on monitor is not the same as what is recording on memory card.
And with iPhone I see there is not the same issue. I think it's solved. Let's hope the glitches will not come back!

I read somewhere this was in part due to heat dissipation on android devices.

...Did you notice you mobile / Tab was hot during/after use?

If you have time and are reasonably proficient with a computer I would definitely consider rooting and debloating - only if you don't mind theoretically voiding the warranty of your device.

Also, it seems the DJI guys lean towards Apple themselves and appear to have invested a lot more time in developing the app for iOS. Shame.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you but I mean Samsung galaxy tablet s 2.
By the way I understood that what I see on monitor is not the same as what is recording on memory card.
And with iPhone I see there is not the same issue. I think it's solved. Let's hope the glitches will not come back!

I have a samsung tab4 and using GO 4 or 4.1 the tablet image is very very pixalated and laggy, the image is not acceptable, the tablet just can't keep up even with every thing I mentioned in the pass shut off. So I reverted to GO 2.9.1 and the image and map is normal now. Also with RC 1.8 and AC over .0503,(forgot number) I had video transmission drop sooner and more often, so I reverted those back to RC 1.6 and AC .0503. Now my P4 flys, in my opinion better in my location than with the newer upgrades, somehow I seem to get better signal penetration with the older firmwares' (?) I am all for updates but in my case it's not advantageous. I am considering IOS or a Nvidia shield K1 soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures