Disconnected

Reaction score
I had been flying my P3 Standard about 5 min and message said AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED. I was at around 200 feet high and 600 feet in distance when it happened. I tried to hit rth on ipad but it didnt respond.
I tried switching the left toggle and still nothing. Finally it did return home and I safely landed the ac.
Right after landing my ipad crashed from temp. I live in Florida and it was around 90 degrees and sunny.
I checked the flight log and it also stopped recording at the point of the AC Disconect message. Any ideas?

Greg D

That happened to me too. I had a thread about that. Well it happens when you lose wifi signal before you lose rc signal. Scared the **** out of me

You still have control of the ac so failsafe won't kick in. All you have to do is flick the switch a few times and it will come back. Don't worry

I did that the first time and tried again a couple of hours later but kept the ac in my sight. Same thing again Disconnected. I emailed dji support. How did you fix yours?

While I was going through some of my logs I noticed in a few places in one log where I was "reconnected" while flying.I didn't notice any inturruptions while I was flying so it must of been very temporary.

I reviewed my flight record and it did keep flashing major interference but it has done that before in same location but never disconected.

I live in a neighborhood of wireless wifi where there is a small antennas on roofs.I fly from my back yard and my antenna is not more than 25 ft away.The inturruption I posted above was from log from last month and going through a lot of logs I have only seen it once.

I had the same problem but found out what happend. Most of the time I use my IPad but sometimes I also use my Android phone. If I use the IPad and the WiFi on my phone is active, then the phone tried to connect to the remote.
So I turn the WiFi in other devices off and have no problems anymore.

I had the same problem but found out what happend. Most of the time I use my IPad but sometimes I also use my Android phone. If I use the IPad and the WiFi on my phone is active, then the phone tried to connect to the remote.
So I turn the WiFi in other devices off and have no problems anymore.
I fly with my tablet and leave my phone in the house but I have to manually click on the go App on both before they become active.On my tablet I have all updates turned off and I have to Allow before anything connects to it except wifi.

Make sure you are not near any cell towers or anything like that. Mine goes crazy when near something like that or anything metal for that matter. The magnetic interference will cause the drone to lose signal

Make sure you are not near any cell towers or anything like that. Mine goes crazy when near something like that or anything metal for that matter. The magnetic interference will cause the drone to lose signal
I have just bought a refurbished P3S from Amazon and have had it less than a week. I live in Arizona in a very rural community (like out in the middle of nowhere) and have a very large steel building next to my house. I get intermittent "disconnected" and "signal weak" on each and every flight. The aircraft flies just fine and I have only lost control once, and when that happened the aircraft landed at that spot which was close to the steel building. My question to you is, is this an anomoly or is it going to happen whenever I get near a metal structure?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West