Different styles of propellrs. Can you tell why?

Reaction score
Hi
I use my phantom 2 with carbon fiber props, but these are the typical prop shape as it was included with my phantom.
like this shape http://www.ebay.ca/itm/4X-Carbon-Fi...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20e3c6601a

however, on ebay I also see a totally different shape. More rounded, deeper, more like a fine paddle.
Like this
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-x-Balanced...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item486325fc4f

Can you please tell me what is the difference - if there is any - in actual use? I can't find any info about it.
Many thanks.

Well, for starters you have some that are 9" and the others at 8".
The "paddle" shape is what was historically referred to as "slow flier" whereas the angled shape is "electric".

The DJI 9443 props seem to be the most efficient shape for the Phantoms.

rilot said:
Well, for starters you have some that are 9" and the others at 8".
The "paddle" shape is what was historically referred to as "slow flier" whereas the angled shape is "electric".

The DJI 9443 props seem to be the most efficient shape for the Phantoms.

Thanks. so you would not use the "slow flier" ones for phantom 2? better to stick to the design originally included?

As OE are a certain shape & flexible, why would you change them for ones that are not flexible with a different shape?

Seahorse said:
As OE are a certain shape & flexible, why would you change them for ones that are not flexible with a different shape?
in case different ones can offer a different performance. same as changing various filters on camera depending on type of shoot you are doing.

this is why I am asking - if these offer something else worth noting (on top of a sleek shape). as to "flexible", these flexible props break so easily. I use now carbon fiber which is rigid, and I say I prefer performance of these ones. and they are way harder to damage too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl