different controller vs stock throttle setup.

Reaction score
I know Phantom owners are binding their phantoms to Futaba radios etc... I realize that some people are installing a self centering throttle stick to mimic the DJI stock transmitter.

Can you change how the throttle operates? In other words, like a conventional RC. all the way down is zero. all the way up is full throttle versus the stock transmitter... center is cruise control: above center is increase throttle ... below center is decreasing throttle.

If so... how does GPS hold or att hold work?

d4ddyo said:
I know Phantom owners are binding their phantoms to Futaba radios etc... I realize that some people are installing a self centering throttle stick to mimic the DJI stock transmitter.

Can you change how the throttle operates? In other words, like a conventional RC. all the way down is zero. all the way up is full throttle versus the stock transmitter... center is cruise control: above center is increase throttle ... below center is decreasing throttle.

If so... how does GPS hold or att hold work?

Yes - just go to manual mode. GPS and ATTI won't work. Your throttle will be linear.

If you leave GPS on and have a Mode 2 throttle with no spring centering, the GPS will try to stabilize near the center. It will still work at other selections but it will raise or lower depending on the power setting. Pretty much what you have now only the throttle has to be jockeyed at times to keep it in hover (mostly because it is hard to find and keep the center position while moving - purely a human issue).

ATTI will still attempt to maintain attitude based on your last input. This is the same as with accelerometer controlled RC planes.

You can dial in throttle curves even in GPS so there is slow response in the center but more aggressive as you reach the limits.

Note this is with non-Phantom controllers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl