Delta Airlines

Reaction score
I plan on flying Delta Airlines from NYC to St. Louis in a couple of weeks for a job assignment. Their latest published carry-on restrictions for Lithium-Ion batteries states "Lithium ion batteries not installed in a device (spares) must be in carry-on baggage and no more than two (2) spares between 100 and 160 watt hours are allowed." It mentions nothing about the number of Lithium Ion batteries LESS than 100 watt hrs you are allowed to carry. My case holds five 57.72 watt hour P2V+ batteries - each safely separated. I contacted the airline and the rep told me "that should be fine". I have no faith in the word "should". I will be calling again but was wondering if anyone here has carried a case through airport security and onto a Delta flight containing multiple Phantom batteries.

Decided to look up the TSA rules, since they will be the ones doing the security check, not Delta. According to the TSA, "Lithium batteries with 100 watt hours or less may be carried in a device in either carry-on or checked bags. Loose lithium batteries are prohibited in checked bags." So I guess that answers my question. I should be okay. ;)

Reactions: tml4191
I’ve flown on Delta with 8 flights in the last month - 2 today and I had absolutely no problems. I’m not sure how the airline would know how many batteries you have with you. I carry one on my P4 with 4 spares as well as all my DSLR batteries, GoPro, etc. I’ve been flying for 2 1/2 years with drones on virtually every flight and never had an issue. Usually Delta, Frontier, American and some United.

I plan on flying Delta Airlines from NYC to St. Louis in a couple of weeks for a job assignment. Their latest published carry-on restrictions for Lithium-Ion batteries states "Lithium ion batteries not installed in a device (spares) must be in carry-on baggage and no more than two (2) spares between 100 and 160 watt hours are allowed." It mentions nothing about the number of Lithium Ion batteries LESS than 100 watt hrs you are allowed to carry. My case holds five 57.72 watt hour P2V+ batteries - each safely separated. I contacted the airline and the rep told me "that should be fine". I have no faith in the word "should". I will be calling again but was wondering if anyone here has carried a case through airport security and onto a Delta flight containing multiple Phantom batteries.
The airlines all base their battery policies on the FAA policy.
See Q3 here: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

Reactions: captainmilehigh
TSA does not care and Delta would never know how many batteries has.

I've carried 4 Phantom batteries onto probably 20 Delta flights. As mentioned above, TSA has never paid any attention to them (other than swabbing my Phantom on two trips) and I've never announced to Delta that I have batteries... so Delta has never known. When you get onto a plane no airline bothers to ask or check anyone for the number of batteries they have.

Thanks for the confirmation, guys. I appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart