Hello from Glasgow, Scotland. Got a question for you..

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've been flying since July, bought a Phantom 3 Pro to take with me on Rust2Rome (buy a car for less than £500 and drive from Edinburgh to Rome) fantastic trip

Vlogs here
Rust2Rome - YouTube

Condensed video here

But i done all that buy car, i'm now looking at traveling by plane and wondered if anybody has any tips for traveling with a Phantom and 3 batteries

After a brief chat with somebody at Thomas Cook, i was sent this:
Consumer electronic devices containing lithium metal or lithium ion cells or batteries such as watches, calculators, cameras, mobile phones, laptop computers, portable games etc, may be carried in carry-on baggage, checked baggage or on one’s person providing the battery capacity is under 160 wh and a lithium metal / alloy content below 2g.
A maximum of 2 spare batteries may also be carried if the wh rating is between 100 and 160. Spare batteries must be individually protected or packaged to prevent short circuits. These spare batteries must only be carried in cabin baggage.

Phantom will be in the generic hardshell backpack with the fitted foam, should i get myself a Lipo bag? cover the battery terminals?

All help greatly appreciated

BoB.

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1