Tighter airline restrictions on LiOn batteries

Reaction score
An New York Times article from 12/26/Why Some of Your Holiday Gifts Might Not Fly

So far I've never had trouble carrying on my P3 batteries. Up to 8 of them. And I'm pretty sure each battery falls under the specs they won't allow.
But- is it possible we will have problems now?
What are the actual power specs for the P4 & P4 & P5 Pro batteries?

Quote from article:

"Under the International Civil Aviation Organization’s dangerous goods regulations, lithium-ion batteries with power greater than 100 watt-hours are not allowed on passenger aircraft without advance approval of the airline. Batteries with power greater than 160 watt-hours are not allowed in passenger carry-on or checked baggage."

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So far I've never had trouble carrying on my P3 batteries. Up to 8 of them. And I'm pretty sure each battery falls under the specs they won't allow.
But- is it possible we will have problems now?
Hasn't 100 watt-hours been the normal (no approval) limit for a while? P3 batteries are 68 watt-hours if I recall correctly.

All Phantom OEM batteries have it marked on them. They are all below 100Wh.
The formula for calculating Wh is easily found on-line if you want to learn more.

Hasn't 100 watt-hours been the normal (no approval) limit for a while? P3 batteries are 68 watt-hours if I recall correctly.
Correct.... never had a problem with BA/Air France et al even with four of them in the backpack...

Again- I've. It had an issue yet- even with 7 or 8 batteries. Just couldn't remember the actual watt/hour rating for our batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers