Decending and Moving

Reaction score
I've been flying the Phantom and trying my hardest to do it in a manner that keeps everyone safe and keep laws off the books. I was thinking about a flight I recently had where I was dropping my alt and moving the Phantom towards me, making both sticks point all the way down. Will this kill my power and flight?

MY LORD THANK YOU FOR THAT ANSWER. I have been one lucky little flyer. LESSON LEARNED. is there an easy way to turn this feature off? I like to get some shots dropping and moving in fast. They look really great over my back yard.

Well, I suppose the answer depends on your ability to decipher Chinese translated into less-than-artful English. From the NAZA-M V2 manual:

Notes of Intelligent Mode
(1) In ATTI. / GPS ATTI. Mode, it has landing judgment, which will stop motors.
(2) Start motors in ATTI. / GPS ATTI. Mode, you have to execute CSC and then push throttle stick
over 10% in 3 seconds, otherwise motors will stop after 3 seconds.
(3) During normal flight, only pull throttle stick under 10% will not stop motors in any control mode.
(4) For safety reason, when the slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70° during the flight in ATTI. /
GPS ATTI. Mode (may be caused by collision, motor and ESC error or propeller broken down),
and throttle stick is under 10%, motors will stop automatically.

Notes of Intelligent Mode & Immediately Mode
(1) If you choose the Immediately Mode, you should not pull throttle stick under 10% during flight,
because it will stop motors. If you do it accidentally, you should push the throttle stick over 10% in
5s to re-start motors.
(2) DO NOT execute the CSC during normal flight without any reason, or it will stop motors at once.

(1) If you choose the Intelligent mode, and the throttle stick is under 10%, this will trigger the landing
Procedure, in any control mode. In this judgment, pitch, roll and yaw controls are denied except
the throttle, but multi-rotor will still auto level.
(2) In any control mode, DO NOT pull throttle stick under 10% during normal flight without any
reason.

(1) Any of these two cut off types will only work properly if TX calibration is correct done.
(2) In failed-safe, CSC is denied by the main controller, motors will hold their state.

Basically, my thought is, never move it below 10%.

You can practice flying in MANUAL mode without camera gears and see how you perform.
Keep it at high altitude because when you flip to MANUAL mode, your Phantom may drop or shoot up unexpectedly.

Guys thanks so much. I really enjoy all the free advice everyone here is willing to give.

Does anyone else have sticks that return to center on their unit? It seems like all the videos I watch have sticks that stay in place.

Also, what is Intelligent mode? Is this Attitude mode? I am still learning the terms. Is this the right switch all the way down? Does this mean Failsafe mode is also off? Man I thought I knew what I was doing a little better.

I do try to fly away from people and in open fields. Guess it’s one of those learn as you go things.

Thanks again!!!

Gindele00 said:
Guys thanks so much. I really enjoy all the free advice everyone here is willing to give.

Does anyone else have sticks that return to center on their unit? It seems like all the videos I watch have sticks that stay in place.

Also, what is Intelligent mode? Is this Attitude mode? I am still learning the terms. Is this the right switch all the way down? Does this mean Failsafe mode is also off? Man I thought I knew what I was doing a little better.

I do try to fly away from people and in open fields. Guess it’s one of those learn as you go things.

Thanks again!!!

The newer Phantom will be shipped with the TX that has the built in spring centered throttle to accommodate auto-take off in the new firmware. If you own the original TX, you can buy the template and modify your throttle stick to return to center once released.

Intelligent setup is for the motor setting not flying mode, so you can set either Intelligent or Immediately and it will be for any flying modes. When I first flew my Phantom, the default setting was Intelligent, so once I landed the props didn't stop right away but 3 seconds later and sometime the wind caught the rotor disc and flip the Phantom over so later I changed to Immediate. Details are below:

Motor Settings

Push both sticks to the left bottom or right bottom to start the motors. A different Cut Off Type stops the motor in a different way. Refer to the NAZA-M Quick Start Guide for more details.

Immediately In any control mode, once motors start and throttle stick is over 10%, motors will stop immediately when throttle stick is back under 10% again.In this case, if you push the throttle stick over 10% within 5 seconds after motors stop, motors will re-start. If you don’t push throttle stick after motors start in 3 seconds, motors will stop automatically.

Intelligent In any control mode, only push both sticks to the left or right bottom can stop motors.In ATTI./GPS Mode, any one of following cases will stop motors. (1)You don’t push throttle stick after motors start within 3 seconds. (2)Throttle stick under 10%, and after landing 3 seconds. (3)The slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70°, and throttle stick under 10%.

Also see the thread below:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2159&p=14647#p14647

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl