DBS Mod problems

Reaction score
I am trying to work out why I can't get more than 500m-750m out of my P3S with a DBS panel ?We have just opened the controller back up to check the press on connectors are tight and they seem fine .
We always lose controller signal before video Is this the usual way it goes? The panel seems fine nothing lose or moving .I am going to replace the 5.8mhz lead with another I bought to make sure but I don't think it's the problem.
I could only get 300m with the stock set up in open country so maybe the problem is with the transmitter or the Phantom its self. I'm considering buying another used controller to see if that helps.

Controller is the one to go first everytime. If its true los you should be able to get 4-8000 ft w/ that panel, try new cables first. Then see if the company you bought it from will exchange for a diff one

If it is CE mode and you are flying not in an open area, I would not expect something more. Also it depends on a controller it self, because of not very high quality assurance at DJI manufacturing process the range differs from controller to controller.

I am trying to work out why I can't get more than 500m-750m out of my P3S with a DBS panel ?We have just opened the controller back up to check the press on connectors are tight and they seem fine .
We always lose controller signal before video Is this the usual way it goes? The panel seems fine nothing lose or moving .I am going to replace the 5.8mhz lead with another I bought to make sure but I don't think it's the problem.
I could only get 300m with the stock set up in open country so maybe the problem is with the transmitter or the Phantom its self. I'm considering buying another used controller to see if that helps.

Open area on a farm in Australia 2000 acres I'm not sure about FCC or CE here but a guy in West Ausrtrailia was getting 1000m plus with stock set up but then out there there's no wifi no phone coverage no trees no people mostly desert really .Maybe that's where I need to move too to get decent range out of a Standard

Got 5500 ft with stock antenna. Went to the same location last weekend after DBS mod. Got over 10k still with full signal but was over the ocean and decided that was far enough.
c52bb11a8aac5c30ce1e7748ccf21bb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got 5500 ft with stock antenna. Went to the same location last weekend after DBS mod. Got over 10k still with full signal but was over the ocean and decided that was far enough.
c52bb11a8aac5c30ce1e7748ccf21bb0.jpg

Far enough! You still had 82%! You could've took it till RTH kicked in[emoji41]

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Totally. I'm sure I'll go back soon enough to see what this thing maxes about at.

Going to jump in here.. Last year I had the DBS antenna installed on my P3P. After a few flights things seemed to be great, distance improved to over 2 miles. Slowly that started to change and now am back to either side of 5k' before I lose signal. I've tried it in various areas and all the same. I know it's a wide and general question but any thoughts as to why I'm not getting more distance? (I've done all the suggestions; Apple cable, Wifi off, picked the best channel, etc). Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lookup "Real reason for P3P $799 price" page 4 on .Doesnt really answer your question but interesting reading all the same .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl