Dbs itelite

10,000" with just a windsurfer? That's just short of 2 miles.

Just added the DBS to my Standard (yes I know), it's does push out farther for sure. But what I like the best is that it's a more solid signal going out, more consistent. If I was to go the booster route, what would you recommend.

Yep, a little over 10,000 feet with Windsurfer. Did the DBS Mod and pushed to a little over 13,000 feet. Still had strong control signal (4 bars) and could have gone further but was getting a little leery on the battery remaining and I had a headwind to deal with. Biggest issue now is the FPV feed. It starts getting jerky and laggy at those distances. My telemetry feed also goes in and out. There is a patch to boost the 2.4Ghz transmit power of the remote and AC up to 27dBm from 20dBm. Still investigating the possible downsides of that.

Man you guys are killing my buzz! I just installed the Itelite DBS02 and have not flown it yet. Was gonna go out this weekend, hope I get better results than what you guys are posting. I thought I read somewhere that the penetration through trees and such would be great, we'll see :)

Man you guys are killing my buzz! I just installed the Itelite DBS02 and have not flown it yet. Was gonna go out this weekend, hope I get better results than what you guys are posting. I thought I read somewhere that the penetration through trees and such would be great, we'll see :)
I've just installed one myself just a few days ago, been out three times so far. 1000m / 1300m / 1700m were my three test amounts on each day with a P3S.
On the penetration issue, I've read that without amps you don't get tree penetration. Only LOS will increase a good amount, but not so much with leaf covered trees.

Yep, a little over 10,000 feet with Windsurfer. Did the DBS Mod and pushed to a little over 13,000 feet. Still had strong control signal (4 bars) and could have gone further but was getting a little leery on the battery remaining and I had a headwind to deal with. Biggest issue now is the FPV feed. It starts getting jerky and laggy at those distances. My telemetry feed also goes in and out. There is a patch to boost the 2.4Ghz transmit power of the remote and AC up to 27dBm from 20dBm. Still investigating the possible downsides of that.

Curious about patch to boost power on both. Where did u read that? Certainly interested.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl