Dbs itelite

Reaction score
have tried the dbs today only getting same distance as stock have two remotes has it got to be LOS to gain with the dbs conditions not great plenty of trees but would have expected a little more any thoughts anyone

I tried the DBS antenna for a P2 vision plus. I did not get very far either. I put a wind surfer on the dipole antenna for control and what a differences. the video side gets bad about 5000 ft. ( I live in a next to prefect place for flying). When I say bad it's feeding slow. you get it and it comes in blocks. It will show 5000 ft and the next one may show 5400 ft.

have tried the dbs today only getting same distance as stock have two remotes has it got to be LOS to gain with the dbs conditions not great plenty of trees but would have expected a little more any thoughts anyone
Add some boosters, and make sure the interior transmitter mod install is sound, especially if you did it yourself.

Hi thanks for the replys I will try it in open ground to see if its any better have checked it it looks fine just expected it to give more than the stock no matter what conditions I get about 3k with stock at the beach so I will try it there only getting about 700m by my house but lots tall tree and probably wifi from the house routers

Make sure to also install the 32 Channel Hack on your tablet, and manually set the channel in the app to the one with the lowest interference. :cool:

Hi put the hack in if I get chance ill try later see if any better ill try on both remotes also got lichi ill try that as well supposedly already on 32 let you know if any better

Hi put the hack in if I get chance ill try later see if any better ill try on both remotes also got lichi ill try that as well supposedly already on 32 let you know if any better

Ian, I bought the DBS (no amps) and got little improvement when flying behind my house which is surrounded by tall trees. I was kinda disappointed until I flew my P3A over water and other wide open areas. The range will blow your mind.

DBS without amps won't improve Penetration through trees or objects, but shines in open areas.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: D'sAdvanced
Ian, I bought the DBS (no amps) and got little improvement when flying behind my house which is surrounded by tall trees. I was kinda disappointed until I flew my P3A over water and other wide open areas. The range will blow your mind.

DBS without amps won't improve Penetration through trees or objects, but shines in open areas.

Hi that's good to hear thought it had to better the way the majority of people like it

I love mine. I put it on and noticed a large difference for me. I would have a hard time punching through trees and such, but now its so much better. I live in a very congested wifi heavy area. I was able to punch out to over a mile the other day, where before I had no chance to do that with the stock setup.

Perfect explanation. I have a MaxxRange and in wide open area it works beautifully. In my neighborhood, I get 4-5k range where I used to get 3-4K range stock.

Add some boosters, and make sure the interior transmitter mod install is sound, especially if you did it yourself.

Do you think that a booster would help the video side if you are in a wifi congested area? I was told in another thread that a booster would probably not help. In my case i am flying a pv2+ with fpvlr stage 2.

Do you think that a booster would help the video side if you are in a wifi congested area? I was told in another thread that a booster would probably not help. In my case i am flying a pv2+ with fpvlr stage 2.
The video side booster acts like a hearing aid amplifier for the video feed. Booster will definitely help there, too, as long as the signal is well above the noise levels.

Reactions: liketogethigh
Tried the dbs again tonight went up to 350ft a lot better also used channel hack and litchi was better think the extra height was the key need to get down the beach for a real comparison put results up in a couple of weeks when I get down there

While the DBS is supposed to increase flight range, does it also increase the FPV range? My main issue is my video gets choppy or freezes while my flight range keeps increasing. Using a PS3 and Windsurfer I can get over 10,000 feet but my video goes south before I ever reach RTH mode. If the DBS would let me see further, it would be interesting to me.

While the DBS is supposed to increase flight range, does it also increase the FPV range? My main issue is my video gets choppy or freezes while my flight range keeps increasing. Using a PS3 and Windsurfer I can get over 10,000 feet but my video goes south before I ever reach RTH mode. If the DBS would let me see further, it would be interesting to me.
It does, especially if boosted.

I'm having the same issue with Maxxrange for phantom 4. Very depressing. Yes, I fly in an urban environment but it's a small city in northern kentucky not like LA or nyc...

DBS is not designed to overcome interference or penetration. With good LOS though (altitude) you should see a difference. I'm in a suburban area with tons of trees and moderate wifi interference and got 2.5 miles at about 425 feet. Started at one end of an open field to get best angle at LOS going the other direction. In wide open fields it's a totally different story. As people have said add boosters if you want more distance in less than ideal conditions.

When you do an antenna mod, it's best to go all the way and include amps for a serious signal boost. Just changing antennas can be rather anticlimactic in terms of signal improvement. Put fire on the wire and then you'll see the real improvement. Anything short of that, just stick to either stock or windsurfers. This is my opinion.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
When you do an antenna mod, it's best to go all the way and include amps for a serious signal boost. Just changing antennas can be rather anticlimactic in terms of signal improvement. Put fire on the wire and then you'll see the real improvement. Anything short of that, just stick to either stock or windsurfers. This is my opinion.

The MAXX UAV setup is nice. You can use the boosters or not if you want. While you're at it though might as well go with the 14 Dbi itelite panel as well. :)

10,000" with just a windsurfer? That's just short of 2 miles.
Just added the DBS to my Standard (yes I know), it's does push out farther for sure. But what I like the best is that it's a more solid signal going out, more consistent. If I was to go the booster route, what would you recommend.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj