Dammit, accidentally clipped a wire. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Hey guys, when installing my FPV kit I clipped a wire while cutting off the zip ties :(

See attached photo for the wire I clipped.

Moreover, my 25 watt soldering gun was too weak to solder the wire together so I'm now looking for a replacement wire

I'm pretty naive when it comes to wiring, what do y'all recommend I do to fix this up? Go to DJI directly for a replacement? Buy a generic 4 pin wire?

Any tips would be much appreciated.
-Nick

Attachments

• IMG_4721.JPG
    IMG_4721.JPG
    554.5 KB · Views: 437
That is repairable. It is the signal cable for an ESC.

A 25w iron will do that fine, but you need to tin each end first, and you should unplug it from the quad too.

If there is not enough slack in the cable to overlap the uninsulated pieces, you may need to insert a short new piece. Heat shrink is a really good idea here !

If you dont want to repair phone a dealer and ask if they have any second hand parts. I know some of my dealers have had parts from broken RC/P2s in the past. It might be easier to source than you think.

You could solder it or you can buy a bag of OEM DJI cables to replace it for about $10.
It is for the Vision but many of them are used on the P2 also.

- DJI Phantom 2 Vision Cable Pack Spare Part NO.22 DJI-PHV-P22 -
Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.42.11 PM✨.png

Reactions: jshull0
The wire is redundant. There is a continuity between the yellow wires (3 and 4) at the board of the ESC. just tap it up if you cannot solder it or wired wrapped with another short wire and tapped it up or heat shrink it.
The function of the wire is to tell ESC to decode the speed for the LED for the ESC.

Yes pins 3 & 4 are redundant ESC PWM commands. Not sure why they used two except for possible redundancy as the PWM signal is very low current.
Pin 2 is GND, Return, etc.
And Pin 1 is the PWM for the LED on/off and colors.

When you say 3 & 4 are redundant, do you mean that one of them is redundant ? Presumably one or the other is needed to drive the motor ?

Sorry if I sounded ambiguous or used redundant improperly... 3 & 4 carry the same signal. They are tied together on both the ESC and P2 'main' PCBs.

In fact reading it back, I now think I was being a little pedantic :eek:

All good 'on this side of the pond'!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl