Damaged charging port P3S controller

Reaction score
The micro USB port is damaged on my P3S controller and dji doesn't sell a replacement part. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new charging port? Thanks!!

You know I was waiting for my controller battery to die. Then I was going to mount an 18650 battery holder where I could just swap charged 18650 batteries. And then I won't need the USB port at all for anything. If you don't get an USB port, maybe that is something you might want to do.

I have a spare p3s remote I could sell ya. What's your zip code? I'll check for shipping.

You know I was waiting for my controller battery to die. Then I was going to mount an 18650 battery holder where I could just swap charged 18650 batteries. And then I won't need the USB port at all for anything. If you don't get an USB port, maybe that is something you might want to do.
Do you have a link for the parts. This may be an option for me.

Do you have a link for the parts. This may be an option for me.
Where would you prefer to shop? As both eBay and Amazon has tons of these. Searching for 18650 battery holder, battery carrier, or something should pull them up. 18650 batteries are also easy to find online. There are button top type and flat top type. Flat top are more common and most battery holders probably fit flat top better (although if they say, go by that).

Looking for 18650 batteries, they come in rated mah and amps. The controller I bet uses less than 1A, so virtually any 18650 battery can do that (the cheapest 18650 can do about 5A). The lower the amps, the more capacity they can handle (mah). Careful about off brands, as they unusually lie on the wrapper. I generally use Samsung 25R for everything. They would be a bit overkill for the controller. As they are rated 20A @ 2500mah, but they would work too for a buck or two more than the cheapest 18650 that would work too.

Oh yeah... you would need a 18650 battery charger too. Although many battery chargers also do 18650 batteries. That would cost like 20 bucks for one. 18650 Samsung 25R batteries are like 5 to 6 bucks. The holder like 5 bucks. So we are talking about 30 bucks and you might want an extra 18650, that's another 5 or 6 bucks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl