CT phantom owners Check in here.. Meets/tech support/ events

@Shantok any good places by you to fly?. Preston is not that far from me. Im trying to get a list of good places.

Does anyone have any recommendations or favorite spots? Lets hear em' !!!

That's correct, on 154.
I might be able to make it. Gillettes castle is close by too correct?. I will know for sure tomorrow morning. It would be nice to fly with others that have P3's or Inspires, my buddy has a P1 and is very limited with range and flight time plus he has no fpv so its kinda hard to communicate when we are in the air.

Hello all, I plan to go to Haddam State Park on RT 154 on Sunday 10th around 11 am. I understand that this location is not for everyone in this group, but it is a first step. It was created back in Jan 2015 but nobody took initiative to get together, I tried once but nobody wanted to make a move even the creator of this group. After this 1st meet we can share ideas, locations and many more. I don't know if it will happen as I hope, I shall find out this Sunday.

Procharged97 I fly a lot at the Preston Community Park. Especially when trying out new stuff. It's large and open. Some decent places to fly on the Thames River. I had intended to fly today in Baltic near the dam. I like Harkness Park but sometimes its dead calm at home and windy as hell there.

@artsribanpot Phantom do you fly? Is Haddam Park wide open/large area???

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What's the Haddam park like? I would like to get out tomorrow. I just won't be free till afternoon.

Procharged97 I fly a lot at the Preston Community Park. Especially when trying out new stuff. It's large and open. Some decent places to fly on the Thames River. I had intended to fly today in Baltic near the dam. I like Harkness Park but sometimes its dead calm at home and windy as hell there.
I'll have to check that out. I usually go to rocky neck since I work 4min away from it. My buddy goes to Hopeville a lot and really likes since it's a big area and not to many people.

@artsribanpot Phantom do you fly? Is Haddam Park wide open/large area???

Sorry...what Phantom do you fly.

Shantok, what do you fly?

I have a Phantom 3 Professional and a Yuneec Q500.

Would like to try Preeton Com. Park, is it a drone friendly place, I mean park goers don't give us negative looks.

Would like to try Preeton Com. Park, is it a drone friendly place, I mean park goers don't give us negative looks.

It is drone friendly as long as your not flying over any sporting events or playground. Geese have been an issue with the park and the drones keep them away. I always tend to fly when the there's not a lot of people there. Never really had any issues just people asking questions.

It is drone friendly as long as your not flying over any sporting events or playground. Geese have been an issue with the park and the drones keep them away. I always tend to fly when the there's not a lot of people there. Never really had any issues just people asking questions.

Was that a Gopro on Yuneec ? This is a video clip atHaddam Park last Oct.https://vimeo.com/143672677

Did you mod P3S controller yourself? Does it work well to your expectation?
Yes modded myself..first with ARGTek and didn't get great results so I just did the DBS ITElite but haven't been able to test since we had that crazy weather. I have a problem with leaving things stock lol..doesnt matter what it is I just really enjoy messing with stuff. The antenna mods are super easy. Did you do any of the mods on the Phantom or Inspire?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl