CT phantom owners Check in here.. Meets/tech support/ events

Hello fellas, I am new to this forum and also new to owning a P3 Standard. I've piloted small drones and I finally moved to a more serious aircraft.
Welcome MrDrone!

Not that ive heard of. Probably once the weather is warmer someone will put something together

Where abouts in ct are you mrdrone

Will do..if you want to go for distance theres a good spot at canterbury park..if this weekend is nice ill hit you up..im dying to test my boosters..it got crappy out today..sux

I have a spare windsurfer you can have...i a have an argtek im selling too...used it 4 times and needed to go farther!!

Welcome MrDrone! Where are you flying?

I went yesterday and wanted to today when it was nice and sunny..looks like its going to pour now

Hey guys, intro post I guess. I got one of these things for Christmas http://www.amazon.com/UDI-U818A-2-4...&ie=UTF8&qid=1464192296&sr=1-6&keywords=drone

Been having so much fun playing with it around the house I got looking at 'real' copters and jumped on the recent deals for a P3S. Hasn't even arrived yet but I'm trying to research as much as I can. Love a new hobby to get overly involved in! I've already got a pile of accessories and nothing to put them on yet lol.

I'm in Granville Mass but my property line the border between us and Granby CT and I work in Windsor so will be doing a lot of flying in CT. It's rural up here, so hoping I can generally fly without raising eyebrows, getting into NFZ's or too much signal interference. I'm big into cars and dirt bikes so looking forward to having some fun with the Follow Me stuff. Also my Dad has a place on a lake in the Adirondacks so he's all excited for me to film his house and chase the boats around.

Are state parks off limits around here?

Mike K

Greetings fellow (drone) pilots,

Just another Phantom 3A owner in Connecticut. Like most of us, just trying to find a legal and interesting place to take video of interesting things. D.E.E.P. keeps telling informing me that places are either restricted, wildlife refuge, or just in general "Not property owned by me".

So, if nothing else I come to commiserate with fellow CT drone owners. ;)

Welcome Stiggy Pop and TiminCT!!

Hey guys, intro post I guess. I got one of these things for Christmas http://www.amazon.com/UDI-U818A-2-4...&ie=UTF8&qid=1464192296&sr=1-6&keywords=drone

Been having so much fun playing with it around the house I got looking at 'real' copters and jumped on the recent deals for a P3S. Hasn't even arrived yet but I'm trying to research as much as I can. Love a new hobby to get overly involved in! I've already got a pile of accessories and nothing to put them on yet lol.

I'm in Granville Mass but my property line the border between us and Granby CT and I work in Windsor so will be doing a lot of flying in CT. It's rural up here, so hoping I can generally fly without raising eyebrows, getting into NFZ's or too much signal interference. I'm big into cars and dirt bikes so looking forward to having some fun with the Follow Me stuff. Also my Dad has a place on a lake in the Adirondacks so he's all excited for me to film his house and chase the boats around.

Are state parks off limits around here?

Mike K
Nice what accessories or mods you get for the standard?? I havent had issues with state parks..yet...

Nice! The 818 was my first quad too. I actually charged it up and flew it this past weekend. I'm amazed at how easy it is to fly compared to when I first got it. Skills take some time.

State parks are no fly zones, but certain state run places will let you fly. DEEP runs the lake Lillinonah boat launch, but I flew from there without incident. Use common sense. I've found places that if you fly on a weekday evening everyone is interested and cool. Come back on a weekend and you'll be accosted before your done setting up.

Greetings fellow (drone) pilots,

Just another Phantom 3A owner in Connecticut. Like most of us, just trying to find a legal and interesting place to take video of interesting things. D.E.E.P. keeps telling informing me that places are either restricted, wildlife refuge, or just in general "Not property owned by me".

So, if nothing else I come to commiserate with fellow CT drone owners. ;)
Ive flown at a bunch of places without issues yet..what part of ct are you in and where have you tried to fly??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl