Crashed my P3A Camera Help

Reaction score
So basically I crashed it, need to replace compass which I am comfortable doing and found a replacement. However, my camera took some damage also, it broke the UV lens I had on, I put on the original. I turned it on to test it out and the camera reacts to the controller but is all twitchy before it moves and during movement. Any ideas as to what I may need to replace? All cords seem intact I'll post pics when I get home. Just wondering if any one knew of a site that sold camera/gimbal repair kits or something... Thanks!

So basically I crashed it, need to replace compass which I am comfortable doing and found a replacement. However, my camera took some damage also, it broke the UV lens I had on, I put on the original. I turned it on to test it out and the camera reacts to the controller but is all twitchy before it moves and during movement. Any ideas as to what I may need to replace? All cords seem intact I'll post pics when I get home. Just wondering if any one knew of a site that sold camera/gimbal repair kits or something... Thanks!
Try a Gimble calibration might help

The cameras swivel it hangs on got twisted all the way around in the crash I twisted it back it does look like a tiny part of that msy have broke will take a close look wjen I get home and share. Thanks will give it a shot

Make sure the yaw arm is properly seated on the motor shaft. There's a flat spot on the shaft that the grub screw should be square to.

Reactions: dpsakon
0e057f5c2d0b1fe990ab333ea93d62b1.jpg
90858ad659873d3f1e09be30f56588e3.jpg
5c930ed5f633d9ca0007abd6834ffb7c.jpg
06c8447eaef2fc67b6a911a328cc78f8.jpg

Any one see anything damaged besides the small crack in the second picture?

It is now unable to look up or down more than 20° and is all twitchy. Even upon start up of the drone. Any ideas as to what I will need to fix?

253d88deee619a9f0f0862249ca56328.jpg
2612ce321a97bc9cf2fa0179b465f3e7.jpg
89b0f618f31ac318d0930065174b638c.jpg

Is this how this cable should look when the cover is removed? I am beginning to suspect this is the issue with the camera.

This is just a wild guess but is it possible that the ribbon was damaged in the area where the crack formed?

It looks intact but I was thinking that also. It may have also messed the wrapping of the ribbon when it crash because it was rubbing when being moved manually, before I started taking it apart. Taking this camera apart is not fun btw I did an entire shell swap and this appears to be much worse so far

Looks like the gimbal arm is bent just replace the arm, same thing happened to mine and it's fixed like new however do note be careful when replacing any gimbal components. Any wrong move and it's over. They also sell the ribbon connectors and gimbal arms on amazon for cheap

Ended up just taking off and reapplying the ribbon wire and replaced the compass and she's good as new. Yay, thanks for advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl