Crashed in a city

You've added to the bad rap we already have by flying in an area you had no right flying in!!!
Every news report you see about drones makes us out to be idiots and you simply fed the fire!!!
DJI owes you nothing

Sorry for the loss of your drone Aaron, definitely hard to watch.

I tend to fly in San Francisco a lot but have a few rules for myself that help me avoid any potential accidents like this, the first one being always launch from a wide open parking lot before flying over any buildings or residential and if i sense anything going wrong I bring it straight up and back over the parking lot...

I also try to be as stealthy as possible, obviously you can't control how many people see the drone landing but i find it fairly easy to launch with only a person or two noticing it go into the air. The fact that you had "20" people watching is pretty alarming as well...

The people who are answering this thread are very knowledgeable people. Rather than playing te entitled little manchild, perhaps you should accept responsibility for your crash due to pilot error.

Do you feel tougher, bigger, and badder for calling the guy a manchild after so many have verbally attacked him? Are you just blowing off steam for sh!t that's happening in your personal life?

Jeez man. Read the entire thread. He gets it. He knows that there are knowledgeable people here, thats why he posted. He made a mistake. He just wants peace.

Jesus. Add your opinion without the insults. He gets it, already.

I have big feet....please pull your toes in tight so I don't step on them....
Good.... :)

Now then, given the nature of the beast (the aircraft), and the fact that cities are usually where there are quite a few people the obvious presents itself.....

Is it really "safe" to fly in heavily populated areas (like cities) at all? Aren't the odds of scoring a direct hit much greater in the event of a mayday in these circumstances? I thought we all agreed over and over elsewhere in these forums that flying over people is a no no? How can you NOT fly over a lot of people in Hong Kong (or any major city)?

I make no judgement...just pose the question for intelligent minds to consider.
I do know (from posts) that some esteemed persons on these forums do so, and obviously without incident so far. But still....safe or not?

And to the OP....you have been sufficiently dragged through the barbed field of costly mistakes...adjudication withheld. Go forth and sin no more.

P's

I agree it was the wrong place to fly however I'm interested in some of the comments about calibration when should you and shouldn't you calibrate your phantom I thought you were supposed to calibrate if you change location I actually calibrate after every flight but now I don't think it's wise

I agree it was the wrong place to fly however I'm interested in some of the comments about calibration when should you and shouldn't you calibrate your phantom I thought you were supposed to calibrate if you change location I actually calibrate after every flight but now I don't think it's wise
The consensus is that you don't have to calibrate after every flight. Check you compass MOD-- should be around 1500..

Guys little update..ive sent the drone to hk dji center and they will send to dji main repair center in shenzen. Thy hv analyzed the crash n will get back to me. Thy r very understanding that i live in hk n thats full of buildings. So for all u who dont know where or what hk is too bad for ur ignorance. Im not bothered with all the negatives btw but thanks alot for ppl who r trying to send a positive vibe in here... U guys r the winners. And for all the loosers here wid a negative mind, time to see ur therapists. Update will b in a few weeks i guess. Take care

Theres a ton of info here on this subject but personally I usually only recalibrate if I travel at least 100 miles from the last place I calibrated.

Guys little update..ive sent the drone to hk dji center and they will send to dji main repair center in shenzen. Thy hv analyzed the crash n will get back to me. Thy r very understanding that i live in hk n thats full of buildings. So for all u who dont know where or what hk is too bad for ur ignorance. Im not bothered with all the negatives btw but thanks alot for ppl who r trying to send a positive vibe in here... U guys r the winners. And for all the loosers here wid a negative mind, time to see ur therapists. Update will b in a few weeks i guess. Take care

Aside from the unnecessary personal insult content, Now YOU insult those who have a negative opinion of your action(s)?

Kettle... Pot here, you're Black.

Reactions: Marlin009
This case might be a human error but there are a lot of cases that users report loosing control with no real cause. I know the RC enthusiast, curent and ex pilots and experts here might think u know it all and that Phantom is not a toy but as an engineer i can tell u that good engineering means also designing a machine that can operate under the worst case scenarios. I have spend in excess of 1000 UK pounds for my P3A which i bought 2 weeks ago so i would expext from a machine like this to be a bit better designed, not to crash or fly away or crack near the motors like some toy...i read and studied manuals and threads here and on the official forum and i am not one bit happy to see people criticising others for not been "proficient" enough to fly a machie that was suppose to be designed to be ready to fly.

And last but not least DJI please get your act together and improve your SW and FW . ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the unnecessary personal insult content, Now YOU insult those who have a negative opinion of your action(s)?

Kettle... Pot here, you're Black.
Good for u man.. I wish u luck with ur life
I believe in karma...and i believe its headed ur way

This case might be a human error but there are a lot of cases that users report loosing control with no real cause. I know the RC enthusiast, curent and ex pilots and experts here might think u know it all and that Phantom is not a toy but as an engineer i can tell u that good engineering means also designing a machine that can operate under the worst case scenarios. I have spend in excess of 1000 UK pounds for my P3A which i bought 2 weeks ago so i would expext from a machine like this to be a bit better designed, not to crash or fly away or crack near the motors like some toy...i read and studied manuals and threads here and on the official forum and i am not one bit happy to see people criticising others for not been "proficient" enough to fly a machie that was suppose to be designed to be ready to fly.

You're an Engineer and suggest some reports of loss of control have no real cause?

...Scratching head...

No one knows it all... and that's EXACTLY why we don't know the cause of every control loss report or incident.

The Phantom is a great product for it's features and cost point. You want more reliability and/or performance?, you just need to part with more $$$ and include higher quality components.

There are MCs alone that cost the same or more than the Phantom in total.

You're an Engineer and suggest some reports of loss of control have no real cause?

...Scratching head...

No one knows it all... and that's EXACTLY why we don't know the cause of every control loss report or incident.

The Phantom is a great product for it's features and cost point. You want more reliability and/or performance?, you just need to part with more $$$ and include higher quality components.

There are MCs alone that cost the same or more than the Phantom in total.
So for u inexplicable fly aways and cracking arms are good value for money...? Yes i am an engineer that has designed alot of reliable broadband networks so u can have the option to criticise online...

Sorry but sometimes ppl r so immature.. I didnt do anything to these ppl here..i didnt hurt anyone.. I came for help but got judgement.
U r alright man i am with u and yes ok u should not have fly in these conditions but i just don't like the critics.

Sorry but sometimes ppl r so immature.. I didnt do anything to these ppl here..i didnt hurt anyone.. I came for help but got judgement.
In any case please post the logs here man so that we can do an analysis

C'mon guys. There have been several warnings here. If people continue to go off topic or post personal attacks your post will be deleted and warnings will be handed out.

I haven't met my quota this month either. ;)

arguing.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor